3-4 Zone or 3-4 Man (1 Viewer)

sheltonwhodat

Very Banned
Reaction score
Reading around I hear lots of talk of 1 gap and 2 gap, but none of what kind of coverage we will play behind it. I read about about Jenkins going back to CB which I do not agree on. He was rated the 2nd best NFC FS In 2011. Even if we do move him I do not see him fitting in our 3-4 man scheme. I think we will play man to man becuase that's what suits our DBs better.

What do you guys think..??

U run both, basically a mixture of man, cover 1 man blitz, cover 3 but the backbone of the 3-4 and the reason why it's so good at getting pressure is the 3-4 blitz, u blitz all 3 linemen and the offense has no idea which 2 linebackers u will blitz or stunt out of the 4, the cover 1 man blitz is awesome, u blitz all 3 lineman and both 3-4 olb so it's basically a 5-2 blitz but much faster, but u have to have 2 good man corners and a great center fielder at safety at Ed reed, this is why the ravens have been so much, Suggs and reed

I agree because if we play zone behind it will have to get rid of pat rob and Greer. Nobody on our defense plays zone very good.
Exactly, Robinson regressed because of it and Greer looked like he did too but I think they are both still really good at man. We don't even really know how Johnny Patrick would do in a man scheme as he was a man specific corner out of college with good tackling ability. Mack is a shutdown nickel corner IMO but IDK how he would do in a man scheme and Corey White should be even better in man because of his speed.

This is like asking if we are going to be a passing offense or a running offense. It's not either-or. We may lean more in one direction, but there will be a healthy mixture depending on a ton of variables (personnel, coaching preference, game situation, gameplan, opponent, etc.).

U run both, basically a mixture of man, cover 1 man blitz, cover 3 but the backbone of the 3-4 and the reason why it's so good at getting pressure is the 3-4 blitz, u blitz all 3 linemen and the offense has no idea which 2 linebackers u will blitz or stunt out of the 4, the cover 1 man blitz is awesome, u blitz all 3 lineman and both 3-4 olb so it's basically a 5-2 blitz but much faster, but u have to have 2 good man corners and a great center fielder at safety at Ed reed, this is why the ravens have been so much, Suggs and reed

Then play cover 1 blitz scheme like Greg Williams ran. That's the year Jenkins rated so good at FS. I feel that he's a center field FS. Not around the ball or LOS.

This is like asking if we are going to be a passing offense or a running offense. It's not either-or. We may lean more in one direction, but there will be a healthy mixture depending on a ton of variables (personnel, coaching preference, game situation, gameplan, opponent, etc.).

Yes and no with Greg 99% on the time we play man to man. With spags we play zone which made us look....ugh. Untill he finnaly realized that our players play man better.

They looked bad in man and zone this year, Greer is entering Fred Thomas mode and it may be time for him to ride off into the sunset.

Yes and no with Greg 99% on the time we play man to man. With spags we play zone which made us look....ugh. Untill he finnaly realized that our players play man better.

I promise you we played a good mixture of both under Williams & Spags. Definitely more man under GW (not even close to 99%) and more zone under Spags, but still a decent mixture of both. Every team does.

Malcolm Jenkins was rated 2nd best NFC FS in 2011!!??!?!!?

Then play cover 1 blitz scheme like Greg Williams ran. That's the year Jenkins rated so good at FS. I feel that he's a center field FS. Not around the ball or LOS.

I would be all for it IF I didn't think Greer was on a decline, if he drafted a great man corner like banks or Xavier Rhodes or Desmond trufant but until we do I look for us to move Jenkins to nickel CB and primarily use zone blitzes, most 3-4 teams do especially since most left 3-4 olb are converted ends and not great manning up vs tight ends zone is easier for them obviously, unless u have a stud like dion Jordan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom