4 most hyped teams in preseason... (2 Viewers)

I would love for the jets to miss the play offs. Jets could lose next 2 and miami could win next three.

Don't forget the Texans. A LOT of "experts" were picking them to be the dark horse AFC power. Not so much.

Vikings sold their soul when they brought Favre into the franchise. I have a friend who bleeds purple and I told him if Favre doesn't win one right away, this franchise is gonna take years to recover. I LOVE IT!

They came really, really close. They would have beaten the Colts.

The gamble may not look so good now with a crummy line and a lazy D, but they came within 13 seconds of the Superbowl and making Favre King of the NFL forevermore.

Don't forget the Texans. A LOT of "experts" were picking them to be the dark horse AFC power. Not so much.

Yes, Houston. This is their year. After beating Indy in week 1 it was definitely their year....

It will start up again in 2011.

The gamble may not look so good now with a crummy line and a lazy D, but they came within 13 seconds of the Superbowl and making Favre King of the NFL forevermore.
Oh, I know this, and it almost worked-out well for them. But now they gotta find a new QB. It set them back a few years, possibly. Jackson, he's not their future QB, everyone know this. They're gonna have to draft someone or hope they land someone who's a free agent. Good luck finding someone like Drew :hihi:

I think the pattern for pre-season hype has been the same for so long, that it's become pretty-much "cookie-cutter" hype:

AFC
The Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Colts, and Chargers are always going to be favorites to win the AFC. The Chargers will always be "perhaps the most talented team in the AFC, even the NFL". The talk will be of the Steelers D and whatever Ben has gotten himself into, the Ravens D and if that offense can catch up, they'd be unbeatable, Peyton Manning vs Tom Brady - at least once per week. The Jets, while new to it all, have gotten the attention because of Rex Ryan, Sanchez, and that defense. Also, this is the year that the Houston Texans will emerge - they are the darkhorse of the AFC since forever. That poor horse has yet to leave the stable.

NFC
Dallas is THE favorite to win the NFC since 1812. They are "perhaps the most talented team in the NFC, even the NFL." The Vikings - the Williams' Wall, the best front 4 in the NFL, the best O-line in the NFL, Peterson (beast), and of course, the last 2 years - #4. The Giants - oh boy - oh boy, they play that old-style Giants football - pound you with the run and great defense! The Eagles will always be right there in the mix (actually a pretty legit call each year). The Redskins are loaded - can they put it together? For the last, what 2 decades - no, they cannot. The great Packers-Bears rivalry on Frozen Tundra!!1!! Between Atlanta, New Orleans, and Carolina - one of these teams will get hyped up because the network says that you cannot leave out the NFC South, or they'll flood your inbox with hate email. So, lately, the talk is either about New Orleans' high flying offense, because Gregg Williams doesn't exist, Atlanta - Matty Ice is something special, or Carolina's defense - yep. Also, this is the year that the 49ers finally emerge in the NFC - they are the darkhorse this year - watch out for them, even though they haven't had a decent QB since I was a kid.

Everybody else is either rebuilding (nice way of saying they suck to high hills), or it would be a surprise if they had some success, speaking of Arizona, Seattle, St. Louis, the 1 or 2 teams who they won't mention in the NFC South, Detroit, Cleveland, Cincy, Denver, Oakland, Kansas City, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Miami, and Buffalo.

:hihi:

The 5 most hyped NFC teams were Dallas, Minnesota, Green Bay, New Orleans, and Atlanta. 2 of the 5 definantly won't make it, and a 3rd might not.

I wish someone could find the video of Romo telling the Dallas' fans in their stadium that he (Cowboys) would see them back their in the Super Bowl. I remember seeing him talking trash before the season started on ESPN.

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mxPWowImUGw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

At about the 1:10 mark. Not exactly in their stadium, but at their training camp.

to get to Dallas could all possibly miss the playoffs. Dallas, Green Bay, Minnesota and the Jets. Not to mention the Colts have a fight on their hands.

I was thinking about all the hype Dallas and Minn got the other day.....great point about GB and NYJ too.

Saints weren't hyped too much. At least that's changed.... {cough}

<object height="385" width="640">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mxPWowImUGw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="640"></object>

At about the 1:10 mark. Not exactly in their stadium, but at their training camp.
SWEET!! :9: Thanks. I bet he regrets this now. Gotta LOVE it!!

I'd say Dallas, Colts, Texans, and Vikings. All fell short of what they were hyped to do. Texans came pretty close, but they are really good at losing games in unusual ways.

Green Bay, Green Bay, Green Bay, Green Bay.

In their defense, they've had more injuries than almost any team can handle. I think their the AFC North winners w/o losing some of those guys.

They would have actually had to play the Colts. Funny thing is that playing the games doesn't always result in what you expect. I mean the colts were favored against the Saints!!!! You saw how that worked out!

Kris

Green Bay, Green Bay, Green Bay, Green Bay.

In their defense, they've had more injuries than almost any team can handle. I think their the AFC North winners w/o losing some of those guys.

that would be a nice trick :p

personally, i would've been pulling for the colts, if vikings had beaten us, but REally, i believe that Vikings of last year, match up the colts better than they do us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom