49ers wanting to wear throwback uniforms for SB (1 Viewer)

Our fan base seems to have turned into a bunch of complainers and conspiracy theorist.

Just a few days ago people were complaining that the NFL wanted the SB 1 rematch for the 100 year anniversary. Just take a deep breath and stop folks...

we were reportedly going to petition the NFL to let us wear our color rush to last year's Super Bowl had we made it

guess we now know what the answer would've been had 1 PI flag been thrown

3 times. We worn all white 4 times. Color rush can only be worn 3 times.

During the REGULAR season we can only wear our color rush 3 times. Playoffs are different, why else are the 49ers asking to wear a different uni??

P.S.- we do get hosed all the time. As long as Payton is our coach we'll continued to get bentover cause Goodell doesn't like him nor does Payton like him. Goodell is a douche and that richard has it out for us!
I thought we asked to wear the all white in the playoffs, as we already reached our 4 times cap, then settled on wearing the color rush? I could be mistaken. I think I may have it backwards

I hope they let them. Then everyone can be reminded of how they cheated the salary cap in that era. For all of you youngsters that may not have know. This occurred when the Saints were in the NFLW with the cheating 49ers.

Typical of Policy's shrewdness was the signing of Rickey Jackson, a 36-year-old linebacker whom no one was anxious to sign because of his age and $1.3 million salary. San Francisco got him for a ridiculous $167,000, but also included possible bonuses and incentives totaling $800,000.

No one screamed louder than the New Orleans Saints' owner, Tom Benson, who had offered Sanders a $4.3 million package. "We should all live by the book," he told reporters. "What kind of a Mickey Mouse organization do we have here?" It wasn't clear who Benson was calling a Mickey Mouse organization -- the 49ers, the Saints or the N.F.L. In any event, two weeks later, when Sanders intercepted a pass and returned it for a touchdown to help beat the Saints, the gentle strains of the Mickey Mouse Club theme wafted over the P.A. system while a packed house at Candlestick Park crooned "Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me?"
The joke was not just on Benson, of course. It was on the league, the players and, most of all, the remaining innocent fans who cling to the idea that this might be their team's year.

There is plenty more to this story if you search it

It costs less to cheat in the NFL than it does in the NBA. That was the message following a "settlement" of alleged violations by the San Francisco 49ers in shady contract deals for Steve Young, Brent Jones, Lee Woodall and Jim Druckenmiller made by former 49ers bosses Carmen Policy and Dwight Clark, both now with the Cleveland Browns.

I thought we asked to wear the all white in the playoffs, as we already reached our 4 times cap, then settled on wearing the color rush? I could be mistaken. I think I may have it backwards
Yeah, backwards. We asked to wear our color rush then went with all white once we got denied.

Yes, this was the case. It is likely a contract item with Nike. People need to get over the conspiracy theory with the Saints. I do agree Riveron isn't going to give us a bone but this isn't the WWE where the Saints are the bad guys and get hosed all the time.
You’re right, we’re the GOOD guy that gets hosed all the time.

Last I saw they already said no, because KC is likely wearing white.
This is the AFC yr to be the designated Home team. Which means they’ll probably be wearing dark. But asking to wear throw backs is not the same as asking to wear color rush, And most teams don’t have white as the color rush.

Last edited:
You have it backwards, we didn’t wear color rush in the playoffs, just the regular all whites. There is no limit on how many times you can wear either of your primary jerseys other than home team chooses dark or white and visitor is limited to the opposite. Color rush and throwbacks are considered alternate jerseys and are limited to 3 alternate games per year. Pants have no retrictions.

This is the AFC yr to be the designated Home team. Which means they’ll probably be wearing dark. But asking to wear throw backs is not the same as asking to wear color rush, And most teams don’t have white as the color rush.
Just going off what I read quickly. That I thought the SF uni was mostly white. I'll admit, I didn't do my usual amount of thoroughness for this one.

You have it backwards, we didn’t wear color rush in the playoffs, just the regular all whites. There is no limit on how many times you can wear either of your primary jerseys other than home team chooses dark or white and visitor is limited to the opposite. Color rush and throwbacks are considered alternate jerseys and are limited to 3 alternate games per year. Pants have no retrictions.
Yup, no rules on pants, other than they have to wear them! haha.

color rush isn't really a thing anymore... just some teams (like the Saints) liked their color rush uniforms and decided to keep them as "alternate uniforms"

throwbacks and color rush are treated the exact same nowaday... they are both "alternate uniforms" and are held to the NFL's "alternates can be worn 3 times a year" policy

the 49ers did get an exception to wear their throwbacks in week 17 at Seattle

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom