#7---WHY ? (1 Viewer)

Taysom Hill had ZERO carries in the first half and targeted once? This is beyond my comprehension.
I do remember hearing Allen say, "I don't want him by me on the sidelines, I want him touching the ball".
I'm still baffled at this.
100% agree...and the two runs he did get were stretch plays which is really not his strength. I had same frustrations last year when he was only stopped once on 3rd & 1 or 4th & 1 and they wouldn't use him. It is like DA & Pete are trying to prove a point that they can do it different than the way Payton used him....just stubborn.

What I'd like to see, is if he's trying a sweep or it's clear that he's not going to get around the edge, throw the ball away instead of taking a several yard loss.
Thought this same thing.
The OL isn’t downfield, he’s out of the pocket, just flip it out of bounds.

He took a 4 yard loss when he easily could have done this on a play in the 4th yesterday.

As an offensive weapon, Taysom is at his best behind center. I think it could be an issue that Allen has his QB1 playing in his prime. It’s no longer a situation of supplementing Brees in the twilight of his career or Hill being in the mix, even competing for starting time, in a situation when there isn’t an entrenched starter.

Lining him up elsewhere means taking snaps away from other guys. If you line him wide, who are you taking off the field? At TE, he has Johnson, Moreau, and Graham ahead of him. Might be some opportunities that can be designed in the running game over the next couple of weeks, but from what I’ve found, only 7% of his offensive snaps have been in the backfield - his lowest percentage by position.

I think there will be situational opportunities to feature Hill more, but this offense has a lot of weapons this season. Might be they need to let him take over kick returns - I really don’t like Shaheed in that role since he is an emerging WR.

As an offensive weapon, Taysom is at his best behind center. I think it could be an issue that Allen has his QB1 playing in his prime. It’s no longer a situation of supplementing Brees in the twilight of his career or Hill being in the mix, even competing for starting time, in a situation when there isn’t an entrenched starter.

Lining him up elsewhere means taking snaps away from other guys. If you line him wide, who are you taking off the field? At TE, he has Johnson, Moreau, and Graham ahead of him. Might be some opportunities that can be designed in the running game over the next couple of weeks, but from what I’ve found, only 7% of his offensive snaps have been in the offensive backfield.

I think there will be situational opportunities to feature Hill more, but this offense has a lot of weapons this season. Might be they need to let him take over kick returns - I really don’t like Shaheed in that role since he is an emerging WR.
At RB would be an interesting role with the lack of depth at the moment. I think play-action with Taysom at RB or running the wheel route could create some interesting matchups. I get him running the ball out of the shotgun/wildcat, but it's expected now. Have him either set up to pass and then run, or really throw a pass to keep the D guessing.

I know it’s been discussed and mentioned numerous times since the conclusion of the game but that Titans run defense was monstrous. They were getting insane penetration into the back field (seriously like 2-3 yds) before Carr could hand the ball off to the back.

So my guess is that they either limited Hills touches based on what they saw on film or they made an adjustment on the fly.

There was no way Hill was getting to the second level on those designed runs he typically does.

At RB would be an interesting role with the lack of depth at the moment. I think play-action with Taysom at RB or running the wheel route could create some interesting matchups. I get him running the ball out of the shotgun/wildcat, but it's expected now. Have him either set up to pass and then run, or really throw a pass to keep the D guessing.
For me it's this: He needs to be in the game on 65% of the offensive plays, decoy, target, hand off, behind center, wheel routes, targeted on naked bootlegs, whatever. He can't be accounted for unless he's on the field.

I live in Tennessee and listened to the Vrabel interview about their game plan. He talked about Taysom, and how to stop him, 3-4 separate times. I think he knew that it was going to turn into that type of game where every yard was crucial.

I don’t know if the Saints just tried to throw a curve ball with a heavy pass look, or they realized the Titans were going to stop the run regardless of who ran the ball. Even so, when Taysom was on the field, he was a focal point for their defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom