#7---WHY ? (2 Viewers)

I think circumstances have changed from season to season. During the end of Brees' time, Taysom was used a bit more due to his stronger arm, and probably to give Brees a break. During the Dalton and Winston era, Taysom was not much of a drop-off at QB, and a huge upgrade in the run game. In the prime Brees years, Taysom would've seen the field much less, and I think that's what may be going on now in the Carr era. With that said, I think Taysom should definitely line up much more at RB until Kamara returns, because I think Taysom is our 2nd best RB.

All I will say is the score shouldn't have been allowed to be so close
Well... it probably wouldn't have been if we didn't make several mental mistakes. Rasheed fumble, Carr's INT, Pennings drive killing plays, and Kirkwood's unnecessary holding.

It's the first game of the season, there's obviously things we need to work on and clean up. But we got the win and we didn't crumble under the mental mistakes. That's enough reason to believe things are looking up.

At RB would be an interesting role with the lack of depth at the moment. I think play-action with Taysom at RB or running the wheel route could create some interesting matchups. I get him running the ball out of the shotgun/wildcat, but it's expected now. Have him either set up to pass and then run, or really throw a pass to keep the D guessing.
Exactly. It’s not like he’s an awful thrower and throws ints all day. Let him throw the damn ball

I don't see how Taysom could have helped us much on offense yesterday. The defense did everything they needed to do, and if it weren't for Carr's ability to connect to 12, 13, and 22 - then we likely would have gotten shut out. I wanted less running into penetrating defensive lineman and brick walls and more of Carr abusing bad cornerbacks. Forcefeeding Taysom contradicts the only thing that was working. Not sure why this is a thread.

Well... it probably wouldn't have been if we didn't make several mental mistakes. Rasheed fumble, Carr's INT, Pennings drive killing plays, and Kirkwood's unnecessary holding.

It's the first game of the season, there's obviously things we need to work on and clean up. But we got the win and we didn't crumble under the mental mistakes. That's enough reason to believe things are looking up.
There's no doubt going to be mental mistakes in week 1, especially by the coaching....Tannehill worst game as a pro yesterday

At RB would be an interesting role with the lack of depth at the moment. I think play-action with Taysom at RB or running the wheel route could create some interesting matchups. I get him running the ball out of the shotgun/wildcat, but it's expected now. Have him either set up to pass and then run, or really throw a pass to keep the D guessing.
The line is gonna have to hold up for that wheel route to work.

I don't see how Taysom could have helped us much on offense yesterday. The defense did everything they needed to do, and if it weren't for Carr's ability to connect to 12, 13, and 22 - then we likely would have gotten shut out. I wanted less running into penetrating defensive lineman and brick walls and more of Carr abusing bad cornerbacks. Forcefeeding Taysom contradicts the only thing that was working. Not sure why this is a thread.
I wanted to see Taysom Hill used to hit back at their Derrick Henry but that would have been too much fun

Except Olave is probably one of the best route runners in the NFL and Taysom really isn't.....I would rather use Taysom in short yardage on sneaks or as a FB or even straight up RB.....
I get that, but TN was having a LB attempt to cover him. A matchup nightmare. Something to consider going forward.

I don't think Carr wants to come out the game for Hill to take snaps at QB. Just my opinion, but watching the game, Carr took the snaps and it will probably stay that way. I think if Winston was a QB, it would have been a different story. I just think there is more trust with Carr at QB and with the game close like that, I just felt Carr would stay in for all snaps.

I think circumstances have changed from season to season. During the end of Brees' time, Taysom was used a bit more due to his stronger arm, and probably to give Brees a break. During the Dalton and Winston era, Taysom was not much of a drop-off at QB, and a huge upgrade in the run game. In the prime Brees years, Taysom would've seen the field much less, and I think that's what may be going on now in the Carr era. With that said, I think Taysom should definitely line up much more at RB until Kamara returns, because I think Taysom is our 2nd best RB.
Basically, there is more talent on this team meaning we need less Taysom Hill.

We have Olave, Thomas, Shaheed, TQS, Kirkwood and Perry at wide receiver. Johnson, Moreau and Graham (though past him prime at this point) at TE and Kamara, Miller and Williams at running back so where exactly is Hill supposed to fit or play?

Playing him as the wildcat QB is still a package that works but those other positions he played he will probably see less snaps at because of the talent acquired.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom