#7---WHY ? (1 Viewer)

It could also have been a matchup issue. Going against the best run defense in the NFL is not exactly a good scenario to go ground and pound. I say give it time.

I'm far more worried about red zone offense yet again.

It could also have been a matchup issue. Going against the best run defense in the NFL is not exactly a good scenario to go ground and pound. I say give it time.

I'm far more worried about red zone offense yet again.
Based on what I saw yesterday, AK will fix a lot of the red zone issues. Tennessee didn't care about the underneath stuff in the Red zone. You put AK underneath and that changes.

And if Rasheed makes that TD catch in bounds and they called the PI on the Titans on that deep ball to Olave, we would be signing a different tune.

Based on what I saw yesterday, AK will fix a lot of the red zone issues. Tennessee didn't care about the underneath stuff in the Red zone. You put AK underneath and that changes.
He scored 2 TD's last year and we brought in the league leader in rushing TD's to compliment him and the other short yardage weapon in Hill. If he was the answer, we wouldn't be struggling to get in the endzone under Allen.

He scored 2 TD's last year and we brought in the league leader in rushing TD's to compliment him and the other short yardage weapon in Hill. If he was the answer, we wouldn't be struggling to get in the endzone under Allen.
I don't really care what he did last year because the entire team was bad. We have a career worth of data that says AK is a touchdown machine.

And if Rasheed makes that TD catch in bounds and they called the PI on the Titans on that deep ball to Olave, we would be signing a different tune.
One of the coolest playcalls of the day was when Olave motioned into the backfield and ran an angle route for a nice first down. I thought of Kamara on that play and agree with you completely.

I don't really care what he did last year because the entire team was bad. We have a career worth of data that says AK is a touchdown machine.
We have a career worth of data under Dennis Allen as well and that says we'll struggle in the Red Zone. So does the data for AK under Allen. So does kicking eleventy FG's yesterday.

Still early and I have hope we'll turn it around but at some point evidence trumps hope.

Taysom Hill had ZERO carries in the first half and targeted once? This is beyond my comprehension.
I do remember hearing Allen say, "I don't want him by me on the sidelines, I want him touching the ball".
I'm still baffled at this.
It felt like the plays TH ran didn't fool the Titan's Defense in the least and were doomed to fail.

Lining him up elsewhere means taking snaps away from other guys. If you line him wide, who are you taking off the field? At TE, he has Johnson, Moreau, and Graham ahead of him. Might be some opportunities that can be designed in the running game over the next couple of weeks, but from what I’ve found, only 7% of his offensive snaps have been in the backfield - his lowest percentage by position.

I think there will be situational opportunities to feature Hill more, but this offense has a lot of weapons this season. Might be they need to let him take over kick returns - I really don’t like Shaheed in that role since he is an emerging WR.

This is kinda the quiet part that no one wants to say. He's still very good at what he does... but we kinda don't need him to be the "when all else fails" QB anymore. Carr is the guy.

He's not going to take any of the snaps away from Olave/MT/Sha at WR and he's not going to block anyone as a TE so it's hard to get him on the field there.

His best skills are power runs and catching screens/passes out of the backfield. There really is an obvious and golden opportunity to start lining him up in the backfield as a RB and I'm sure he will do very well. Not sure why we haven't explored this yet.

Taysom Hill had ZERO carries in the first half and targeted once? This is beyond my comprehension.
I do remember hearing Allen say, "I don't want him by me on the sidelines, I want him touching the ball".
I'm still baffled at this.
Gotta love when he does run the ball, it's like a qb around play.

Get use to it until we are better situated at QB. Thanks to one QB being suspended Hill’s role will be somewhat diminished

Because this week was the first game of the "actual" preseason. After the first 3 weeks of the "actual" preseason you can worry about usage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom