A few observations about last nights broadcast... (1 Viewer)

HouseCall

Resist, Ronald, resist!
Reaction score
1. While the MNF announcing crew as a whole, is kind of weak, I actually liked Griese’s observations and breakdowns. He really seemed to have a good read on the flow of the game and made some honest and critical observations.

2. This is less about the broadcast - but the fake noise is distracting and weird. I could understand if there was someone triggering specific sounds based on what was happening but it all felt so random and mistimed. I can’t imagine how weird it is to experience that live.

3. This was mentioned in a separate thread, but what was up with “turf” last night? Tripping and slipping our guys - it was wild.

Anyway, any else care to add any other random musings about the game aside from the topics already covered in the other threads?

I liked how when Chargers offense was on the field one guy kept going on about how the one play, it should it have been pass interference and wouldn't shut up and then the other guy said yea but if anything it should be offensive pass interference and explains why and then the other announcer shut up quick

Griese a lot like his dad, makes good points but has weakmonotone delivery.

Easy now.
He’s a rookie in his 5th game.....and he was injured during the first few.
He’ll start, but right now Easton is the solid bet that we need.
Are you serious? Did you not see when Ruiz came in after Easton got concussed they ran better. Now if you tell me play Easton in Peat spot I'm all for it. I don't think Peat is still healed from the high ankle sprain. So I have to disagree

Are you serious? Did you not see when Ruiz came in after Easton got concussed they ran better. Now if you tell me play Easton in Peat spot I'm all for it. I don't think Peat is still healed from the high ankle sprain. So I have to disagree
I agree the best line combination is RAM, McCoy, Armstead, Andrus/Easton, and RUIZ. With Easton floating around playing the utility role.

Now to the announce crew they talk too much. It seemed like with players such as Kelly and Herbert they were trying to cram in their life story in 30 seconds, when there is a 3 and half hours to tell thier stories.

Off topic maybe...

but I found it hilarious that the punt after the roughing call (and he tried to catch him to keep him from going down, would have possibly if the kicker didn't shove off his facemask)... but the very next punt Taysom took the blocker all the way back and shoved the kicker down using the blocker...

maybe just me, but I laughed my arse off 🤣 🤣🤣🤣

Off topic maybe...

but I found it hilarious that the punt after the roughing call (and he tried to catch him to keep him from going down, would have possibly if the kicker didn't shove off his facemask)... but the very next punt Taysom took the blocker all the way back and shoved the kicker down using the blocker...

maybe just me, but I laughed my arse off 🤣 🤣🤣🤣
So if Washington would have caught the kicker in his arms would it still have been roughing the kicker or catching the kicker 🤔. I don't think I have ever seen someone catch the kicker in their arms.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom