About the New Board and the "Reputation"??? (1 Viewer)

There. I turned it off.

Now I'll never be popular!!!

awwmanvd3.png

smart decision Big A. There were more posts about reps than there were about the Saints.

Well Big A, that certainly answers the question!
I was actually starting to like it after I got a few points:a_smil09:

Tom... I was hoping that the reputation system would serve the purpose of helping the community become just a tad more civil and intelligent. Apparently I was wrong. I have a boat load of grass-fires here that I am stomping out one at a time, and I just got tired of hearing the controversy over the Reputation feature every other minute, so I squelched it before it got ugly.

Understood Big A. Perhaps you can introduce it at a later date when not so much is going on.

>>There. I turned it off.

Understood. It's too bad that so many people were juvenile about it. In reality, there are good posters and bad posters. That's just part of the reality of a message board. Everyone would have eventually gotten some kind of rep, it's just that with 10 pulls a day, you can't rate everyone. I'm sorry that so many people acted like babies ("I want some rep!!!)"

To me, reputation is like respect in a lot of ways. You don't just get it because you've been around a while or even if you post all the time. You have to earn it. Plenty of bad and no-name posters have been around as long as many of the good posters who do have some credibility. JMO

Hope to see it back at some point and not so much of a sideshow.

TPS

I was wondering if anyone else was having a problem with all the text to the right sometimes not fitting into the posting box?

im a member of another forum and they have a reputation system and the posts over there could get back trying to get the highest rep power like that really matters, so im glad Andrus just x'ed it out. And now that post counts are posted some of you guys post ALOT here. Good Job

I have seen rep take over other boards, also, to the point they have whole sections devoted to it, and people who make it their sole purpose in posting. It becomes almost like a soap opera, who's got the most rep, who's giving rep to whom. It's easy enough for people to make up their minds which posters have the most credibility, without the drama that rep seems to bring.

Glad it's gone, Andrus! Thanks for everything you do so that we can enjoy this great internet community.

Good move, big A. I've seen many a message board get torn apart by posters complaining about rep.

My "Reputation" has been shot since my tirades here about brooks and dumb(haslbeen-let) so I'm kinda GLAD no one has THAT kind of power to tear me up even MORE!

Love the site; don't care what happens to the look or design of it! I'll adjust and keep reading 'Bout My SAINTS, Bra!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Big A that it's a good decision to turn it off until the more pressing fires are put out. Especially with a game tomorrow; the Gameday board and the resulting traffic will really strain the environment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom