Saints After Further Review (AFR) commentary on Bountygate 2.0 (...every Saints fan needs to hear this segment) (1 Viewer)

Years down the road I hope they make a documentary about what really happened in this case. It's amazing to me that even after all these years most people still believe the NFL's initial narrative of the Saints being outlaws trying to hurt people. What the NFL did was shameful.

It is so easy to fool people. People generally believe anything they see on TV from an "authority figure." And once the seed is planted they rarely ever seek out new evidence that might change their mind. It is amazing but not surprising how people so easily bought into that nonsense narrative.

For Me, once the NFL said they will not release the Vilma tape not because it doesn't exist, but because they don't have to....That moment sealed the deal that this was a sham. If you have irrefutable evidence that makes your case, you don't hide it from everyone
...even the accused dared them to release it if they had it.

I thought this thread would be therapeutic, and it has been to a point. Upon reflection after hearing Moscona and reading the comments, I'm P'd off even more. Love the CSP tell-all book idea as I think that would be oodles of redemptive fun.

Remember the old Oakland Raiders of the 1970s and early 80s? They were the NFL's most hated, most feared and yet most successful teams of their era, yet they always felt they were screwed, refs watched them maybe a little bit more then their opponents and the NFL FO and Pete Roselle were hypocritical when he and Chuck Noll called them "a criminal element pervasive in the NFL" after comments made by Noll after a 1976 Steelers loss to Oakland. Those comments resulted in Noll and Rozelle being sued for defamation of character by former Raiders DB George Atkinson and during the trial, Atkinson's lawyer showed how hypocritical Noll and Rozelle's claims were because Noll's Steelers and other teams were doing the same things they accused Oakland of.

What era is that? They certainly were not more successful than the Steelers in the 70's or the 49ers in the 80's.

And the 70's Raiders, they were dirty (by 70's standards).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom