Alice In Chains (1 Viewer)

Yeah, give it a few more listens, it might end up growing on you.

I know what you're talking about with the vocals and honestly it took a few listens for me to not be disappointed with what you're talking about with the harmonizing and with the overall lack of Duvall's vocals throughout the album.

But I've listened to this album a ton of times already and the vocals have become much less of an issue for me the more I've listened to it.

I like Duvall and think he is good for the band, but I honestly think he is there more or less to bring some semblance of Staley's high notes. I remember watching a Jerry Cantrell show several years ago after the band went on hiatus and thinking that aside from the really high notes, Cantrell could mimic Staley's voice to a tee if he wanted.

Um isnt that pretty much what they have always sounded like?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Not really. It is sort of like a caricature of what they used to be rather than allowing something new with a new singer in the band.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, give it a few more listens, it might end up growing on you.

I know what you're talking about with the vocals and honestly it took a few listens for me to not be disappointed with what you're talking about with the harmonizing and with the overall lack of Duvall's vocals throughout the album.

But I've listened to this album a ton of times already and the vocals have become much less of an issue for me the more I've listened to it.

I feel like they started doing this back on their third album. I remember noting how many multi-harmony lines there were. I like it a lot and think of it as part of their signature sound.

I haven't got this one yet. "Black gives way" was a really good hard rock record.

Jar of Flies is my favorite by them. great band.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom