All-Time Saints Secondary, Who Would You Pick? (1 Viewer)

I remember when we finally dumped Freddie Thomas and picked up Jason David, and I was thinking "Finally! A cornerback we can rely on!"

I never thought I would actually MISS Freddie Thomas, but such was the power of Jason David. :covri:

Fred Thomas was a real good CB for us until he hurt his knees and he just lost his speed, couldn't keep up with the receivers anymore. What a shame.

Starters: Jabari Greer and Mike Mckenzie
Nickel: Randall Gay
Dime: Dave Waymer
Depth: Toi Cook

FS: Darren Sharper
SS: Sammy Knight

It's hard to put anyone from the Dome Patrol Era because just look at their front seven, no one else had that combination of LB and Dline play along side them

Mike McKenzie and Johnny Poe at CB

Sharper and Waymer at Safety

Massey/Maxie were pretty solid as well.

Fred Thomas was a real good CB for us until he hurt his knees and he just lost his speed, couldn't keep up with the receivers anymore. What a shame.

amen.

it really disappoints me how thomas fell out of favor so quickly around here. the man gave his all to this team and i just dont understand how people can dog him so bad now. yeah, he had his bad games after he was old, busted, and "burnt". seems no one remembers his service to the saints before then.

To the OP..........wasn't Myers a FS. I loved the guy but there is no way he would of been a good SS.

I'd have to go with Eric Allen and Porter at CB. As for FS.......Myers and then most like Maxie at SS.

Toi Cook was only mentioned 3 times up until this point? Shame. It looks like we have a fairly young crowd here.

Toi Cook was only mentioned 3 times up until this point? Shame. It looks like we have a fairly young crowd here.

That's what I was thinking when I realized I was the first person to mention Johnny Poe... about 3 or 4 posts up. :beerchug:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom