Video Alvin Kamara receives high praise from Dickerson (3 Viewers)

He played for the Rams. He's one of the greatest players they've had. He's at every game.

And he's been the most supportive towards them since they returned to L.A. He was the first and ONLY player speaking out against Jeff Fisher when they moved to L.A.

I have nothing but respect for Dickerson. Back in the day he was amazing to watch. I still have my 80s Topps cards of him stored away in protective sleeves. I hated the teams he played for (Rams and Falcons) but by god, he was fun to watch.

I really do not want to see the Pats in the Superbowl. I’d rather see more teams make it for a change (20 years of the same three quarterbacks making it in the AFC.)

This is every AFC QB in the SB since 2001 -

Brady (7 times)

Manning (4 times)

Big Ben (3 times)

Flacco (1 time)

Gannon (1 time)

Dickerson is right - it will be hard to beat the Rams twice. See ‘07 Pats.

It certainly depends on how you define "hard". Does "hard" mean the Saints wouldn't be favored to beat the Rams in the Super Dome because its the second time the teams have played? Dickerson is way off base saying this. The Saints just beat a team the second time this season and it was "easier"! Just because the Giants beat the Pats on a very lucky catch with a streaking Steve Spagnuolo D does not mean in reality its "hard" to beat a team twice in the same season. If there is any logic that a team that lost is better prepared the second time they play because they've played the other team already; well that works both ways. It really has to do with road vs home wins. It's harder to beat a team on the road period. That's why Vegas gives the home team 3 points. It's "hard" to beat any team in the playoffs because they are usually all good teams.

The conventional saying is it's "hard to beat a team 3 times in a season." This implies that both teams are good enough to make it to the playoffs (only way they play 3 times) and they are division rivals. While there may be some appeal to this logic, the fact is that the team who won twice already wins the third time in the playoffs over 65% of the time. Saints did it last year against the Panthers. Remember all that "hard to beat a team 3 times in a season" noise last year?

Last edited:
Just because Talib returns doesn't mean the Rams can stop the Saints like Dickerson is implying. Nobody can stop Mike Thomas one on one. Talib has gotten old. MIke Thomas burns Talib if the Rams try to cover him one on one.

Dickerson is right - it will be hard to beat the Rams twice. See ‘07 Pats.

See '07 Pats in the playoffs.

They avoided what could've been a decent challenge in both the Colts and the Steelers. The Jags beat Pittsburgh on a bad call, one that the NFL admitted to the next week.

They destroyed Jacksonville in the wildcard round. Indy went one and done to the one team that always had their number (Chargers) and then Rivers played phenomenal in a game with a torn ACL against them. Had they got 3 TDs instead of 3 FGs, that is an entire different game.

(BTW - you see this a lot with the Pats and Brady getting a bad team to blow out in the playoffs before the AFC title game. He's the GOAT cause 5 rings and "he wins more than anyone else" but it's expected for them to beat up on the bad teams they get in the first round.)

Brady was awful in the 2007 AFC title game. New England ran out of gas in the final week when the Giants put them on the ropes and could've beat them while resting their starter.

That Pats team was beatable in 2007.

Teams like that eventually run out of gas, just as they did. They looked deflated and lifeless in most of that SB. People give Eli a hard time for the Tyree helmet catch and playing mediocre most of the game, but what about Brady? His team scored just 14 points. This was the supposed GOAT team and GOAT QB, and only scored 14 points. If that was Peyton Manning or Drew Brees, you'd never hear the end of all the "choker" talk.

I don’t understand how anyone could have any possible reason to think the Rams are better than the Saints. Other than DT, where are they supposedly better?

I think when the talking heads on tv look at the big names on the Rams, especially the Defense, they assume the Rams should be better.

If they actually watched the games, they'd see the Saints are a better "team", and have more grit and determination than the Rams.

Also, the biggest trump cards we have are Playoff Experience and a QB that can and has proven he can win it on the biggest stage in the game.

We're on a damn warpath!

I really do not want to see the Pats in the Superbowl. I’d rather see more teams make it for a change (20 years of the same three quarterbacks making it in the AFC.)

Oh I do for several reasons.

1. Living in Tennessee I was in the minority the last time the Saints were in the Superbowl because of Manning. If Pats make it no one will pull for them except for people in MA.

2. I think Saints would destroy them.

3. Brees would have a nationwide audience as he goes head to head against Brady and takes him down. This would only strengthen the argument that Brees is the GOAT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom