Video Alvin Kamara receives high praise from Dickerson (2 Viewers)

Of course, that assumes the Bears (#3 seed) whips the #6 seed in the Wildcard Round... and the Saints beat the #4 or #5 seed winner in the Divisional round.

Still lots of football left to be played, but if the Saints can secure the #1 seed, I love our chances of going to the Superbowl.

Yes, with those assumptions. Nothing is certain in the NFL. But the #1 seed will put us in the drivers seat!

Dickerson is a Rams homer.

You mean other than Aaron Donald RUSHING THE PASSER. Their D sure isn't better (not even Donald) at stopping the run (Rams 5.2 ypc allowed, Saints 3.6), or keeping points off the board (Rams 25.6 ppg, Saints 23.3 ppg) , or team D sacks (Rams 29, Saints 30), or on 3rd down (Rams 42%, Saints 38%), or 4th down (Rams 64%, Saints 48%), or yards per game (Rams 372.5, Saints 358.9). Both Defenses have 10 INTs. Rams pass D allows 101.6 passer rating and the Saints D 101.7.

Great stats Biloxi. Thanks so much for taking the time to gather all these and share with us.

Of course, that assumes the Bears (#3 seed) whips the #6 seed in the Wildcard Round... and the Saints beat the #4 or #5 seed winner in the Divisional round.

Still lots of football left to be played, but if the Saints can secure the #1 seed, I love our chances of going to the Superbowl.
I do also. Not only for home field advantage but for the teams we would be pulling will be easier. And that would make the rams essentially play chicagonlike you said which should give them a run for there money.

"It's very hard to beat the same team twice"

I hear that all the time. Is it really? Superbowl winning teams almost always beat a team twice. It's almost required.

Yeah, but he’s just one of many that refuses to admit the Saints can beat the Rams in the playoffs. Thursday morning, Eisen, Warner, Irvin, and Mariucci ALL picked the Rams as NFC champs. None of these analysts can give a good reason why anyone should believe the Rams will beat the Saints.

The last time we played them the score was closer than the game really was. And we are better now than we were then. I don't think anyone in the NFL can hang with us for 4 quarters.

Dickerson is a Rams homer.

You mean other than Aaron Donald RUSHING THE PASSER. Their D sure isn't better (not even Donald) at stopping the run (Rams 5.2 ypc allowed, Saints 3.6), or keeping points off the board (Rams 25.6 ppg, Saints 23.3 ppg) , or team D sacks (Rams 29, Saints 30), or on 3rd down (Rams 42%, Saints 38%), or 4th down (Rams 64%, Saints 48%), or yards per game (Rams 372.5, Saints 358.9). Both Defenses have 10 INTs. Rams pass D allows 101.6 passer rating and the Saints D 101.7.

Oh yeah? Well, uhhh... those are just numbers. You haven’t really PROVEN anything—- so there!

/sarcasm

:gosaints:

It's hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that we have a RB this good. I mean, the guy is being compared to Eric Dickerson by Eric Dickerson himself. That is high praise indeed because Eric Dickerson has a very high opinion of himself. Erick Dickerson is Eric Dickerson's #1 fan. AK has been compared to Faulk, Dickerson, and other all time greats and he's only in his second year. He's still years away from his prime. He could very well be the greatest RB in Saints history.

So we have the greatest QB in Saints history, perhaps the greatest RB in AK, and maybe the greatest WR in Thomas all at the same time. That's unreal. This offense is so loaded that the franchise's all time leading rusher is just a change of pace back.

When it's all said and done I think these triplets will go down as one of the best up there with Aikman-Smith-Irvin, Manning-James-Harrison, and Warner-Faulk-Bruce.

this is my theory - no team that hasn’t played us yet can beat us.

So regular season that means the 2nd Carolina game and (in theory) the 2nd Tampa game are only possible losses. Post season will be a different story. Our dream scenario would be to play all teams we didn’t see in the regular season. Super Bowl that’s very likely (Steelers could do it) but nearly impossible in the conference tournament.

Dickerson is right - it will be hard to beat the Rams twice. See ‘07 Pats.

Given all this - I still predict SAINTS PATRIOTS and a Saints victory. Crazy but once we get to that game it won’t scare me at all.

I really do not want to see the Pats in the Superbowl. I’d rather see more teams make it for a change (20 years of the same three quarterbacks making it in the AFC.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom