Am I the only one who'd be very ok with AIs replacing referees? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
It's absolutely ridiculous. The current year is 2023 and yet every single week, refs gets lambasted for terrible officiating. In the modern 21st century!

It's almost to the point that as if replacement refs back in 2012 didn't made a huge difference swing.

It even looks like they deliberately make terrible calls, especially what went down last SNF game.

Bring on the AI flying drones, please?!

If AIs were to take over jobs in the future, I truly hope that it's referees/umpires.

Goodbye whistles, hello buzzers!

I don’t know about going full AI, but I do wish they would use the guys in NY better. Like on our INT, where they bring in what ever his name is to analyze the play and even he said the defender pulled Yadom into the endzone. They should have called and reversed the Ref’s call based on replay.

If they can install chips in pads to make players look like Toy Story characters, or measure speed, or in the ball to measure trajectory, etc, they can use them to measure distances and exact spots on the field.

I don’t know about going full AI, but I do wish they would use the guys in NY better. Like on our INT, where they bring in what ever his name is to analyze the play and even he said the defender pulled Yadom into the endzone. They should have called and reversed the Ref’s call based on replay.

If college can do it, the NFL surely can.
So funny & sad how a college league handles this better than a professional league.

It's absolutely ridiculous. The current year is 2023 and yet every single week, refs gets lambasted for terrible officiating. In the modern 21st century!

It's almost to the point that as if replacement refs back in 2012 didn't made a huge difference swing.

It even looks like they deliberately make terrible calls, especially what went down last SNF game.

If AIs were to take over jobs in the future, I truly hope that it's referees/umpires.

No
The league would program them to have certain biases against many teams.

That slippery slope will speed up the eventual arrival of this:
Then

& Finally
1*Hg30RBeTJ2nBvcd1ctWp0g.jpeg

I wish the gaming commission, FBI, CIA, NSA, or whatever 3-Letter organization would step in and hold the NFL accountable for questionable or suspected point shaving practices.

They don't want to improve officiating.

Games would be unwatchable as offsetting offensive and defensive holding is called on every. Single. Down.

I wish the gaming commission, FBI, CIA, NSA, or whatever 3-Letter organization would step in and hold the NFL accountable for questionable or suspected point shaving practices.
Those government agencies do not investigate, regulate, or punish billion dollar cooperations... they work for and answer to them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom