Am I the only one who'd be very ok with AIs replacing referees? (1 Viewer)

AI prompt:

Saints on defense + 3rd down =

"PASS. INTERFERENCE. ON. NEW. ORLEANS. BEEP. BOOP"

It could probably work, but I look at the officials sorta like Vanna White on Wheel of Fortune. She has gone from turning the letters, to touching the letters, to now just standing there as the letters light up on their own. Pat Sajack is retiring and she’ll still be on the show. Over the years, there were many changes to the game, and she’s kinda like the last standing piece of the old game show.
In that same vein, yes, technology can do everything the officials do without human error; however, over the decades, the game has changed tremendously: rule changes, new uniforms, new stadiums, updated technology, expansion teams, and the list goes on, and the officials are kinda the last fixture of the old NFL.
Just my 1 cent.

Humans can be paid off and dictate the outcome of games. Just imagine what AI could do to the viewers???? They would alter anything

I don't see how you could possibly fully transition over to AI refs. Mainly because you could call a holding (offensive or defensive) on literally every single play if you wanted too.

Those government agencies do not investigate, regulate, or punish billion dollar cooperations... they work for and answer to them.

All sorts of corporations get fined billions of dollars every year, and the government scrutiny around compliance of said corporations after those fines are levied is a female dog.

It's absolutely ridiculous. The current year is 2023 and yet every single week, refs gets lambasted for terrible officiating. In the modern 21st century!

It's almost to the point that as if replacement refs back in 2012 didn't made a huge difference swing.

It even looks like they deliberately make terrible calls, especially what went down last SNF game.

Bring on the AI flying drones, please?!

If AIs were to take over jobs in the future, I truly hope that it's referees/umpires.

Goodbye whistles, hello buzzers!
You falsely assume that they want a fairly officiated game. I am not saying the NFL is 100% rigged, or the whole season is planned. That's ridiculous. Nobody every says that, but the NFL sways the season as they see fit imo. It's obvious when they make a "point of emphasis" on a rule that clearly will affect some teams more than others. Or completely miss the most blatantly missed PI in NFL history that just happens to put the newest stadium team into the SB. What does the NFL do to quell these rumors? They make a commercial to try to make anyone who calls them out on their bias look crazy.

The British need that Benedict Arnold. With friends like that who needs enemies. The old in league sheep in wolf's costume trick. As below so above. Why get rid of something as special as that. 2018

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom