Another police shooting - this time in Wisconsin... (1 Viewer)

I would say they should move their attention to the Arbery case (which is a bigger deal that the KR case), or the Ghislaine Maxwell case (which started jury selection earlier this week), but that’s just me. I find it hard to cry over the death of a pedophile and a dude that beat women, but that’s just me, folks can follow their own path.

Which makes my point. If you figure the victims are scumbags, it's easier to defend or forgive the person who killed them. It's human nature.

Speaking of Arbery, don't tell me efforts haven't been made to dig up dirt on him to make him out to be some kind of criminal. And the white prejudice against blacks is an actual thing - it's why the killing even happened.

The broader context. A black man murdered by cops. Protests about that, and a white kid coming to the protests with an AR to "protect property" against the protesters, and then...

As I've said before, I have no issue with Rittenhouse being acquitted, but he shouldn't have been there in the first place. People want to rationalize that he was there to defend "property owners" against "thugs", but the truth is that he was there to represent one tribe against the other, and the reactions to his acquittal are much more about tribalism than actual right and wrong. Because him being there in the first place was wrong.
You know Jacob Blake is alive right?

Which makes my point. If you figure the victims are scumbags, it's easier to defend or forgive the person who killed them. It's human nature.

Speaking of Arbery, don't tell me efforts haven't been made to dig up dirt on him to make him out to be some kind of criminal. And the white prejudice against blacks is an actual thing - it's why the killing even happened.
No, I just find it interesting that one tab to the left of the EE board you have a thread talking about how Zac Stacy (a black man) is lower than dirt for beating his female partner, and in this one a (white) man that beat women was murdered, but his past shouldn’t be brought into question, he was just out an about, and that’s that. Some race angle indeed.

The people pumping out crap about Arbery (and there are people doing it) can get bent. Two completely different situations, and once again, those clowns can get bent.

There is a ton of misinformation being passed around (see BobE pointing out that Blake is still alive, or a few pages back it being pointed out that the gun was already in Wisconsin, etc., etc.). Saint By the Bay wasn’t joking earlier when he said Social Media was as guilty for societal rot as MSM, has anyone seen Rex Chapman’s Twitter feed today? That man has no pants left on account of all of them busting into flames :02 seconds after the verdict was read.

The blessing and curse of social media is that people will gladly show their arse on so many issues, and the sad part to that is people will gladly eat up that arse and take it as truth, parading it around like a bouquet of roses around their neck after they won the Kentucky Derby.

Last edited:
I'd be curious to know how "free thinkers" get their information. I suspect that most or all of them get their information from internet sources. Most of that **** is completely biased and/or garbage, so the "free thinkers" must have figured out how to vet the reliable sources from the misinformation. Right?
There are no bias free news sources.

The broader context. A black man murdered by cops. Protests about that, and a white kid coming to the protests with an AR to "protect property" against the protesters, and then...

As I've said before, I have no issue with Rittenhouse being acquitted, but he shouldn't have been there in the first place. People want to rationalize that he was there to defend "property owners" against "thugs", but the truth is that he was there to represent one tribe against the other, and the reactions to his acquittal are much more about tribalism than actual right and wrong. Because him being there in the first place was wrong.
Blake was not murdered by cops. He’s still living, and he was shot after resisting arrest and grabbing a knife. The cops were cleared of wrongdoing.

What happened in Kenosha was not a protest. It was violent rioting.

KR had as much right to be there as anyone else. That’s like saying a rape victim shouldn’t have gone to the bar in a mini skirt.

What “tribe” was he representing?

Follow the facts and it leads you to the truth.

Last edited:
Where did I say banning firearms from the citizens? Also, why do you think that one person in a message board speaks for "the left"?
Just curious, what did the 'rest of world' do about firearms that we have not done?
Because it is a left talking point. Nothing about your personally at all. Just an observation and question from a message board.

If the police/government can't control a mob, then they shoulder the liability for damages to property by the same mob. We don't need ignorant citizens coming to "help" because 9 times out of 10, they're not really there to help.
Where does the government get the money to for liability and damages? From the tax payers, so maybe citizens do have a right to show up to defend private/public property since those elected wont do it?

Your question is easily flipped -- "So if the police/government can't control a mob, then every untrained yahoo with a gun is automatically deputized to enforce the law as he or she sees fit?"

I think the reactions here would be different if KR were protecting, say, his Uncle's furniture store and he shot people ON THAT PROPERTY who were attacking him in the way those shot were.
I don't see how it is relevant where he was when he was attacked because he was legally allowed to be there and legally allowed to be armed. Self defense is self defense regardless of the location.

* with the intent to police
this is the most important but over looked aspect of this whole thing

Agreed...

Bringing a gun to a protest/riot should be illegal tho.

Also agreed...

I would disagree with you here. Personally I carry everywhere, unless it is forbidden by federal or state law or the business has a sign up restricting that right. No one ever knows I am carrying. My firearm is concealed where it belongs. Now personally I have never protested as an adult, as a kid I went to a protest in support of wome s rights. More than likely on a daily basis we all are in the vicinity of someone who is legally carrying and is a law abiding citizen.

I'm not comfortable with open or concealed carry laws....at all...I don't trust people any longer generally speaking, it just takes one misunderstanding, one heated, intensified incident among strangers that could very quickly take a tragic turn....

By the letter of Wisconsin's rather ridiculously lax gun laws, yes he was not guilty....in a lot of states he would have been convicted of manslaughter....I can't understand how this happens in the US, and anyone who thinks his real purpose there was to "protect and help" really isn't worth engaging with....and that judge is a weird idiot....

It could establish the character of the individual... KT was acting in self defense. A jury of 12 people voted unanimously KR was innocent. They were even given the option of lesser charges and they didn't need it. I don't know much about picking juries but I would imagine a prosecutor has some say in that. Maybe a lawyer on here could explain how they are
So KR knew that one was a pedophile and the other was a wife beater, or whatever?

If he didn't, then their backgrounds had no influence on his state of mind.

Regardless of their background, what really matters is what they did in the moments before the shooting, right?

So how is their background relevant to ANYTHING, other than to rationalize what happened to the person - "it's okay that THAT dude died." He was a [insert appropriately taboo allegation here]. Come on.
For it tells a story of their character. Has nothing to do with what KR knew, but everything to do with how they typically behave.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom