Anybody know about Solid State Drive (SSD) technology? (1 Viewer)

I mean what would buzd do? You'd spend 1k on the cards for a 'chance' at better overall performance? Seems silly right?

buzd is ambivalent about SLI.

buzd also wouldn't have thought to build a solid state RAID, but now he is thinking about it. :scratch:

I mean im building a solid state raid, buzd. You should too. Also, going with the 2 HD6970s. They will be good.

Ill have to buy 3 matching monitors like the video. Which means I will have to buy a new desk. Which means I will have to buy a new house. I'm not sure I'm ready for that.

Does DC Universe support it?

Ill have to buy 3 matching monitors like the video. Which means I will have to buy a new desk. Which means I will have to buy a new house. I'm not sure I'm ready for that.

Does DC Universe support it?

I dunno, but I'm running those two cards on a single monitor at 1920x1080...it's completely overkill.

I do believe what you're referring to is the drives have finite use potential. It's not really something you should worry about.

Thanks for responding. That certainly makes me feel better about. I've seen youtube vids how fast SSD Mac's open and close programs and it's got me hooked.

:)

Thanks for responding. That certainly makes me feel better about. I've seen youtube vids how fast SSD Mac's open and close programs and it's got me hooked.

:)

not a problem, you should really enjoy having an SSD.

Most of this issue was solved when TRIM was introduced.

nph.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom