Anybody paying attention to LSU BBall so far? (2 Viewers)

Dago

Veteran
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
4-0 so far.

While they haven't played a serious team yet, they have pretty much whipped who they have played.

Wade's teams have been able to score, but his teams have been lacking size and defense. So far, this team looks different. First, Days returned for his senior year which is providing some really vital veteran leadership (and he is scoring more than 20 a game). Second, the team has a lot more length than any team previously under Wade and they are AGGRESSIVE on defense....been fun to watch. Third, freshman center Efton Reid looks GOOD. He is 6'11", moves well, and is a decent shooter. Lastly, senior PG Xavier Pinson who transferred in from Missouri looks to be a solid, quick, pass first facilitator which is nice to have with the size we have now

I can't claim to follow NCAA Bball that closely, but LSU was only predicted to be like 6th in the SEC so I think they will surprise

I've watched 2 games so far and have been impressed with this team. Days is the only name I recognize. The most amazing thing during the game against Liberty was when they showed the Liberty PG, who is 5'9" do a 48" vertical leap. Dude reached halfway up the backboard. Incredible.

4-0 so far.

While they haven't played a serious team yet, they have pretty much whipped who they have played.

Wade's teams have been able to score, but his teams have been lacking size and defense. So far, this team looks different. First, Days returned for his senior year which is providing some really vital veteran leadership (and he is scoring more than 20 a game). Second, the team has a lot more length than any team previously under Wade and they are AGGRESSIVE on defense....been fun to watch. Third, freshman center Efton Reid looks GOOD. He is 6'11", moves well, and is a decent shooter. Lastly, senior PG Xavier Pinson who transferred in from Missouri looks to be a solid, quick, pass first facilitator which is nice to have with the size we have now

I can't claim to follow NCAA Bball that closely, but LSU was only predicted to be like 6th in the SEC so I think they will surprise
Not true. Liberty is a very good team. That's a resume building win there.

Not true. Liberty is a very good team. That's a resume building win there.
I defer to your opinion on that.

I did see the blurb where Will Wade said "I don't know why I keep scheduling these guys...Ritchie McKay is always so nice and talks me into it it" which made me laugh

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
I defer to your opinion on that.

I did see the blurb where Will Wade said "I don't know why I keep scheduling these guys...Ritchie McKay is always so nice and talks me into it it" which made me laugh
Wade is a master at schedule building. The approach he takes to scouting out the best teams in the mid-tier conferences while anticipating they'll win the respective conference and by proxy, strengthen LSU's schedule is masterful. It's legitimate 3D chess.

Wade is a master at schedule building. The approach he takes to scouting out the best teams in the mid-tier conferences while anticipating they'll win the respective conference and by proxy, strengthen LSU's schedule is masterful. It's legitimate 3D chess.
So what's your take on the team? So far I am really enjoying the defensive effort and intensity

Tonight’s game is streaming on ESPN+. Bonus is that its the LSU radio commentators Chris Blair and former coach John Brady.

Tonight’s game is streaming on ESPN+. Bonus is that its the LSU radio commentators Chris Blair and former coach John Brady.
Yup...watching now. Not saying anything bad about Will Wade because he has made LSU relevant again, but I don't recall being this chill watching LSU basketball...it was rare that you felt like the team had games going away mostly due to lack of defense. Watching them this season and it just looks and feels like this team is in complete control....almost like watching men among boys. At no point has it felt like a team has threatened LSU at all

I don't claim to be knowledgeable about college bball as a whole, but so far this team looks significantly better than anything Will Wade has had here at LSU. These kids are playing intense defense...extremely active in the passing lanes and quick to stay in front of the ball carrier. They are sharing the ball better (and still have room to improve) and they seem to have depth they haven't had before as well

Nice summary. They’re playing exceptional defense tonight, quick on switches and active hands. I like the play of the big men inside too. It looks like they can mount a balanced attack from either inside or outside. This is looking like a fun season.

Nice summary. They’re playing exceptional defense tonight, quick on switches and active hands. I like the play of the big men inside too. It looks like they can mount a balanced attack from either inside or outside. This is looking like a fun season.
The national media had us written off. Dicky V didn't have us in his Preseason Top 40, SI had us at 42 and finishing 7th in the SEC...definitely an afterthought

Now obviously we ain't done anything yet, but if we are correct about what we are seeing, then it might be a special season

The national media had us written off. Dicky V didn't have us in his Preseason Top 40, SI had us at 42 and finishing 7th in the SEC...definitely an afterthought

Now obviously we ain't done anything yet, but if we are correct about what we are seeing, then it might be a special season
Don't expect LSU to get any national love while Wade is the coach. He's going to have to beat everyone before you see it happen and that's because they're forced to. I think this is definitely going to be Wade's best team. They might not have the start power, but they're all long, fast and smart. Reid is a star in the making. So is Murray. I can't recall the last time I saw them successfully defend the 3 point shot. They're starting their offense with the defense and everyone appears to have bought it. The passing on the floor tonight was just beautiful.

Belmont is another good team. They're practically an automatic bid to the tournament. They haven't finished worse than 2nd in the conference for several decades it seems like. They'll almost certainly win the OVC again this year and LSU absolutely blew the doors off the PMAC tonight.

Don't expect LSU to get any national love while Wade is the coach. He's going to have to beat everyone before you see it happen and that's because they're forced to. I think this is definitely going to be Wade's best team. They might not have the start power, but they're all long, fast and smart. Reid is a star in the making. So is Murray. I can't recall the last time I saw them successfully defend the 3 point shot. They're starting their offense with the defense and everyone appears to have bought it. The passing on the floor tonight was just beautiful.

Belmont is another good team. They're practically an automatic bid to the tournament. They haven't finished worse than 2nd in the conference for several decades it seems like. They'll almost certainly win the OVC again this year and LSU absolutely blew the doors off the PMAC tonight.
Belmont I was more familiar with. In previous seasons, I would have gone into this game with a 55%-60% win confidence expecting a close game.

But we broke them and it looked effortless

The only real thing to mention is that there seems to be a pattern of slow starts offensively...we don't do crap for the first 5 minutes of the game which is absolutely NUTZ when you think about the points we are scoring

I would love to see the basketball & baseball Tigers come to the rescue after this miserable football season.
We just need some relief!

Playing Penn St tonight

So far Penn St has shown no ability to go inside on LSU...they are gonna live or die by the 3

Playing Penn St tonight

So far Penn St has shown no ability to go inside on LSU...they are gonna live or die by the 3
I'm watching tonight and LSU is struggling to find the basket tonight. Penn State has been hot & cold from the arc, but is currently on fire and has a 5 point lead.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom