Anyone else figure we MUST establish the Rush? (1 Viewer)

MamaRoux

Veteran
Reaction score
Seems to me, IMHO, The SAINTS must RUSH the football!

This play-off picture is getting really crowed! The teams who prevailed today and then the iggles too, looked pretty convincing. TB, GB, da bears even the lambs? Man, there was a time when it looked really, ultimately winnable to me. Now, these teams look stong as we are comng off a really weak performance in b'more. Of course, I still BEILIEVE we've got what it takes to win out! Yet, there is an apparent need for The SAINTS to rush the ball effectively for the balance to win consistently. When we do, we WIN! Drew has thrown far too many picks this season which would indicate a heavy reliance on him, forcing him into some pretty harsh situations.

Now I know Drew's up to it and he IS THE MAN, but it IS a TEAM sport! We have the talent and obviously the will, skill, understanding,,,,,,,,, I mean we ARE the CHAMPS afterall, right?

Sure will be nice to see a complete game from a complete TEAM come tomorrow night, THAT includes Rush calls and a Rushing ATTACK as well!

Flame away but I sure will be happy to see Our TEAM hit the Field RUNNING tomorrow night! WOW !!!!!! What a game and what a season! Let's do some damage!

I would love to see Ivory vs. Turner... See who does the most damage on the ground.

Even if we get past Atlanta Monday night this team will not get far in the playoffs until it establishes a balanced offense. Too much riding on Drew Bree's shoulders=turnovers. We have seen it all season for the most part.

I think we MUST knock Ryan around like a ragdoll and not turn the ball over. Turner can have his yards, and we can have the win.

No turnovers, every game we have lost has been because of turnovers, including the missed fg in OT.

Just look back, it's only when we make self descructive mistakes have we lost, NO TEAM can manhandle us, it just has not happened in 2 years.

Please fans... don't expect any big changes regarding the percentages of running and passing plays. In case you haven't noticed the Saints offense is built around the passing game. Simply choosing to run the ball more won't automatically make us a better running team. In essence that would be like asking the Saints to win the biggest game of the season by using the least effective part of our offense.

Yeah, it would be great if we could establish an unstoppable running game for the remainder of our season, but let's not assume that running the ball more will be a guarantee of a victory in Atlanta.

Let's just use what works... even if that means doing what we are built to do.

It has certainly worked before. We have a Superbowl ring to prove it!

If the defense decides to stop sucking then even an offensive performance such as the one against the Ravens will be more then enough to win.

Getting better at running the ball will certainly help things but it doesn't solve our defensive problems that killed us last week.

We just need to play our game and thats be affecting in both the rush and pass and have that even (as even as Payton can be) balance on offense. We all want Ivory back but I think having PT and Bush back will pay just as much dividends this time around, PT can give us that ground game that helps with the playaction and screen game and Bush provides that matchup that gets other guys open in the passing game.

Agreed, turnover ratio is going to be key. We force a few, we go full throttle and that takes care of Atlanta's offense. No Turner and short stuff to Gonzo. The less we have to depend on our LBers the better. If we give up the ball, it will be too close for comfort and maybe the win. We will have to depend on FGs to keep us alive. Our defense will be gassed from the ATL run game.

Right now I think we have an all dome playoff run.

STL (the Packers beat Chicago)

ATL (the Packers beat Philly)

then home in the dome (against the Packers)

Then to the Jerry-Dome

- Then the 2 NFC teams in the championship will be 2 of the worst rushing teams in the NFC (similar to the 2 Superbowl teams last year)

We just need to play our game and thats be affecting in both the rush and pass and have that even (as even as Payton can be) balance on offense. We all want Ivory back but I think having PT and Bush back will pay just as much dividends this time around, PT can give us that ground game that helps with the playaction and screen game and Bush provides that matchup that gets other guys open in the passing game.

Here's a link to the Christmas "presser" from Coach Williams. Since I'm out here in Cally I don't get to hear from the Coordinators like I would if living back Home so , great to hear the words and knowedge of this man. There is also a rather silly interview with Coach Payton but the good news was the optimism from Coach on CI!!! Coach even sounds as excited about Chris's return as it appears WE all are!

You gotta admit, the threat of our Rushing Game is effective! With the development of "Tusk" we saw a struggling team become dominant, lest we forget. Those who want to think Coach Payton's all about the QB just look at the balance strived for and effetive last year! Remember we had BOTH starting RB's OUT for a large chunk of this season! The emergence of Chris Ivory restored The SAINTS viability! In no short terms The SAINTS WON due to the effective Rushing attack! This is KEY! No one dimensional team WINS it all. Even The Champ Raven team had a similance of a passing game even if "whatshisname" wasn't resigned the next season. Point is , it IS a TEAM sport! THREE phases of the game! Glad to have CR back to return KO's. That was a scary injury.....

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/med...e-122510/ec12f124-753d-4e59-8e36-425f5339f85e

Bill makes a great point, but IMO we don't need to change our offense and "run more" just for the sake of running it... we DO need to NOT abandon the run and become 1 dimensional.

The Panthers have ZERO offense.... When they played the Turds, their passing game looked like a Pop-Warner team's! However, they stuck with the running game, and had some success (even with the Turds knowing they couldn't pass!

Agreed, turnover ratio is going to be key. We force a few, we go full throttle and that takes care of Atlanta's offense. No Turner and short stuff to Gonzo. The less we have to depend on our LBers the better. If we give up the ball, it will be too close for comfort and maybe the win. We will have to depend on FGs to keep us alive. Our defense will be gassed from the ATL run game.

It's important but not the key IMO. We didn't turn it over last week until we had to go for on 4th down with a few minutes left and were losing late.

The key is the defense getting off the freaking field. If Turner is allowed to do what Rice did the you can go ahead and give us the L, even if we once again protect the ball well.

The key to this game is attitude. We know that we're the most talented team in the league. Bring the wood, and teach these upstarts a lesson. Shake 'em. Bend 'em. Fold, spindle, and mutilate 'em. The panthers have secured the #1 pick for next year. If they can play spoiler in week 17, they will. It is a division game, after all. #1 is still attainable.

If you're going to the game, take over the Ghey dome. We treated the game there like a home game last year because there were so few failcon fans in attendance. That shows the level of commitment on their part. Once our boys on the field know that it's a friendly environment, the sky's the limit. Go get 'em.

GEAUX SAINTS!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom