Anzalone feels unwanted (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’ll be back also 2020 Peat...and people will be frantically be trying to edit or delete their post

That play is all I can remember when it comes to Anzalone. I'm sure he made some plays but I just can't remember them. Want to feel wanted? Get better.

Anzalone is like a reverse Shanle.

Shanle's athleticism clearly got passed by. He was always a step away from being in position to make the play. His football IQ was extremely high, but his body just couldn't get him there in time. You would see him on film break on the proper routes and gaps, he clearly knew what was going on, his body just didn't have the ability to make the play.

Anzalone is just lost out there. He has elite athleticism, but the amount of times he's not even in the same area code as the player he's supposed to be covering is atrocious. His ability to make proper reads and fill gaps against the run is also just painful. Mentally he is two steps behind in a sport where you can't afford to be even half a step behind.

Anzalone feels unwanted?! You know who else felt unwanted? The running backs and receivers he tried to tackle but couldn't.

Seriously. I can understand not being able to follow a Kamara or a McCoy in his prime but Fournette is not a pass catching back that should be hard to cover.

The guy can't read and react fast enough. That's being generous, he was always 5 yards behind. Very slow to process plays. It was a night and day difference between him and Kwon. I don't care if Kwon doesn't come back to game 8 next season, I want him back!

Anzalone needs to go! I'm sure he's a great person but football wise, he's got to go.
I don't think those even if Anzalone was halfway decent and more effective vs. run and against the pass, or had better fundamentals like read and reacting, over-cautiousness in processing plays, Kwon still would have him beat at all of these major intangibles, irregardless.

If you're Sean Payton, or Dennis Allen and trying to analyze which one of these two LB's makes your front 7 play more effectively, and consistently, the choice is a no-brainer.

He doesn't have that pop at the line of scrimmage but is a more than capable in pass coverage.

Supporting data? Because I sure haven't seen it.

In 38 career games he has three passes defensed and one pick. Last season in coverage he allowed a passer rating of 118.8. FWIW, over his career he also has all of 4 sacks and 8 tackles for loss.

I'm not sure I want him on the field at all. If I do, it sure as hell isn't on third and 8.

And to think people used to criticize Scott Shanle.

Last edited:
He’ll be back also 2020 Peat...and people will be frantically be trying to edit or delete their post
I won't.

If he comes back for backup money then I'm fine with that.
If he's expecting starter money from us...I'd let him walk.
The fact that we traded for Alexander in order to improve that position tells me everything that I need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom