Anzalone (2 Viewers)

Do where just making negative post about players. Did we lose or am I mistaken?

Oh that's right, we didn't flat out dominate on all phases of the game who cares if we won, it was a nail biter and had Saints "Fans" on their heels.
Calm down.

OP is making a legitimate point.

Anzalone is playing poorly right now. He's part of the overall problem of a fairly bad defense.

My father loves to say that he's not an NFL caliber LB. I make the argument that the Saints have him for pass coverage and that's it. As far as tackling or making a huge impact, we can definitely improve.

He’s stayed healthy this far in the season, which is an accomplishment for him, but yeah, he isn’t looking so good. Surprising because he looked like he could be a really good player. I don’t know. We could probably make a thread for 75% of the guys on our defense. Something is just off with the entire group.

Our linebackers took a huge hit with the loss of coach Nolan and I really think losing AJ Klein hurt as well.

I know I didn't like losing Klein or Von Bell. They are much bigger losses then most folks realize.

Between the two they caused or recovered a lot of fumbles

Calm down.

OP is making a legitimate point.

Anzalone is playing poorly right now. He's part of the overall problem of a fairly bad defense.
Agreed! I see him out there but that’s all. I don’t claim to know his stats but I haven’t seen him making any plays or tackles for that matter.

We need Alonso healthy so we can go back to playing 3 LBs.

We need Davis and Alonso up close to the line with Anzalone playing the pass.

D-line is getting up and down pressure, could use some energy here somehow.

Secondary looks fine minus safety play which is about as bad as it's been since 2016.

No idea what Williams is looking at in film or what's going on in his head, but single high safety means single high.
DON'T LET ANYONE GET BEHIND YOU!!

We need Alonso healthy so we can go back to playing 3 LBs.

We need Davis and Alonso up close to the line with Anzalone playing the pass.

D-line is getting up and down pressure, could use some energy here somehow.

Secondary looks fine minus safety play which is about as bad as it's been since 2016.

No idea what Williams is looking at in film or what's going on in his head, but single high safety means single high.
DON'T LET ANYONE GET BEHIND YOU!!
We started the game playing 3 LB's (Davis, Anzalone, & Baun) for a good amount of plays. Baun actually made a few good stops.

Why when somebody criticize this team somebody else get in their feelings? Yeah the Saints won but this ain't a win to brag about or even look at it as an improvement. 6 games in and defense hasn't turned the corner. You think playing Tampa again, KC, 49ers, Chicago like this gonna be good enough?

We started the game playing 3 LB's (Davis, Anzalone, & Baun) for a good amount of plays. Baun actually made a few good stops.

I noticed, we had Robertson in too, but he was getting owned.
Baun did well, but I'd like to have a Vet in there ideally and Alonso is good when on the field.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom