Are Carr and Pete on the same page? (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Towards the end of the game you could see Carr was getting visibly frustrated with how slow plays were being called in. I recall Pete having a hard time getting plays in to Dalton last year as well.

Perhaps after the better part of 2 decades seeing Sean get things going with Drew so easily I never noticed a delay in plays getting in.

If this problem continues into week 4 or 5, what do you think happens to Pete (or whoever is getting the plays in)?

Carr threw a terrible pick and was careless with the ball a couple of other times, he should yell at the guy in the mirror first. I don’t want to hear that the coach is holding him back, that was the excuse in Vegas, time to show why he got that contract.

Carr threw a terrible pick and was careless with the ball a couple of other times, he should yell at the guy in the mirror first. I don’t want to hear that the coach is holding him back, that was the excuse in Vegas, time to show why he got that contract.
How about Pete make the adjustment to give our left tackle some help earlier after getting smoked in pass pro every play. Carr was under extreme pressure and minus two passes he was on the money especially when given a little time and even with pretty much zero running game he still came threw. Shaheed just missed a TD early in game but knee touched line. Over 300 yards and a TD (could’ve been two TD) on a stout Defense and stacked d line? I’ll take it especially after last couple years.

How about Pete make the adjustment to give our left tackle some help earlier after getting smoked in pass pro every play. Carr was under extreme pressure and minus two passes he was on the money especially when given a little time and even with pretty much zero running game
He did make adjustments. You can’t throw out the whole game plan on the first pressure. Once it was clear it was t working, a TE was helping out on most plays.

I thought he did very well under the pressure he was under. And I’m no Carr apologist. The line was terrible.

Towards the end of the game you could see Carr was getting visibly frustrated with how slow plays were being called in. I recall Pete having a hard time getting plays in to Dalton last year as well.

Perhaps after the better part of 2 decades seeing Sean get things going with Drew so easily I never noticed a delay in plays getting in.

If this problem continues into week 4 or 5, what do you think happens to Pete (or whoever is getting the plays in)?
Pete Carmichael should have been fired after last season. He is good as an assistant with no play calling responsibilities. He has no imaginations.

How about Pete make the adjustment to give our left tackle some help earlier after getting smoked in pass pro every play. Carr was under extreme pressure and minus two passes he was on the money especially when given a little time and even with pretty much zero running game he still came threw. Shaheed just missed a TD early in game but knee touched line. Over 300 yards and a TD (could’ve been two TD) on a stout Defense and stacked d line? I’ll take it especially after last couple years.
As I just posted on the Grupe-Hedley thread, some of our fans really mourn this team's victories. It happened during the Payton years, too.

You never noticed plays coming in slowly with Payton and Brees? They could be infuriating trying to get the sub packages in, or Sean arguing with referees prior to calling a play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom