Are Carr and Pete on the same page? (3 Viewers)

It is just 1 game, I can’t gauge on how good Tenn. defense is. This game I thought it was a coin flip when it was announced due to many factors. Winning by 1 was telling of that. But it was sloppy on both teams, so we have to see what week 2 brings.

I think knowing where Penning stands in his development and knowing the Titans front seven are beasts and we are down without our best RB . He should have anticipated, Our offense being made one dimensional, and heavy pressure and Penning struggling. I am not calling for Pete's head or anything but the writing was on the wall so to speak. He should have switched to help with Penning sooner in pass pro, more chips form TE/RB/FB.
On the first drive, Penning was on an island and blocked six passing plays. No sacks given up, game plan being run as scripted. Should he have started putting in chippers at that point?

Pete’s got 2 more games then he’s being replaced. It’s going to happen. He’s in way over his head. When bullets start flying Allen is going to take Carrs side.
That is a moronic statement. PC called a pretty good game today. That bomb to Shaeed late in the 4th was gutsy. His call of the jet sweeps to Shaeed when the middle was clogged all day was perfect

On the first drive, Penning was on an island and blocked six passing plays. No sacks given up, game plan being run as scripted. Should he have started putting in chippers at that point?
Totally agree

Didn’t adjust to penning getting beat, didn’t add blockers/chippers until late in 4th quarter. Didn’t use Taysom correctly or at all. Didn’t target/use Graham in the redzone, didn’t dial up screens and fast plays…should I continue?
Not true we gave TP some help with chipping and playcalling right after halftime.TN had the #1 run D , this was not going to be heavy TH run game. Most of our RZ possessions were outside the 10 JG is best when it's closer to the GL. We did call a few WR screens. Their D was also very good at diagnosing RB screens. Yes please to continue

Penning gave up a sack on a 2nd down early in Q2 (13:15).

On the following drive, after the blocked punt, on the first play, Jamal Williams chipped the RDE (9:54).

Pete's replacement has already worked with the team during TC. We have pics with him in Saints gear.
Pete is not a DA hire. In the manner he created competition with the punter and kicker, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was doing the same, albeit indirectly, by bringing in Gruden. As per Carr post presser, those big plays at the end were plays that Carr suggested, then he later called. This act of respect impressed Carr. But it still begs the question, why did those plays require a suggestion. It seemed like common sense that the only possible routes open, were deep, considering how tightly tenn was playing at that time and throughout the game.

Give it time...it's one game. They'll make adjustments. If they don't, then they're raise the alarm and see if they need to make a change.

What I'm certain of, is that they're not reading SR for advice. /wink

Sit back, relax, have a beer and enjoy the show.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom