Armstead injury update (1 Viewer)

Going to be almost impossible to keep TA. If he hits free agency, he become the highest paid LT in the League.
Let somebody else pay him then. We can't afford that kind of money for a part time starter. Next to Roaf Terron is the best tackle we've ever had. He's up there with Jhari and Willie as the best O lineman but you can't depend on him to be there.
He's one of my favorite players but it just doesn't make sense for us. I hope he get's the big payday he deserves.

Going to be almost impossible to keep TA. If he hits free agency, he become the highest paid LT in the League.
When it comes to any talented player on a team, this is probably the hardest scenario to deal with. I guess the only way you can make these decisions is on a one by one basis. It's hard to let players walk, especially home grown guys you are fond of, but quite often, it would appear that letting them go ends up being the right decision. While there are players who move on and play well, it would seem that many don't and eventually get cut and end up bouncing around. I don't know the math on this, but on the surface it would seem there are more misses in high end free agency, than hits.

When it comes to any talented player on a team, this is probably the hardest scenario to deal with. I guess the only way you can make these decisions is on a one by one basis. It's hard to let players walk, especially home grown guys you are fond of, but quite often, it would appear that letting them go ends up being the right decision. While there are players who move on and play well, it would seem that many don't and eventually get cut and end up bouncing around. I don't know the math on this, but on the surface it would seem there are more misses in high end free agency, than hits.
One of the few situations where the player wins.

Totally agreed....

Actually the one thing folks criticize him for (availability) may be the one thing that hurts his market value a bit. He is 30 years old also, I'm not sure he is going to command that kind of market but I guess we are going to find out soon....
Good point.
Agreed.
When TA leaves in free agency, we will qualify for a potential third round compensatory draft pick, correct? (TA was a third round pick, by the way.)
Man I hope this is true, if we must lose him.
As an aside he retires first season of my Madden franchise almost every time…and I have no option to stop him even with hitting the option to ‘talk him into staying’. Frustrates the heck out of me.

Good point.

Agreed.

Man I hope this is true, if we must lose him.
As an aside he retires first season of my Madden franchise almost every time…and I have no option to stop him even with hitting the option to ‘talk him into staying’. Frustrates the heck out of me.
Dang, its not like hes 35, lol

The injuries seem to be the unfortunate modus operandi of the team for a while now.

Avoiding them all together are impossible but the Saints seems to be particularly unlucky with the health of their players despite what I'd call normally good protocol to avoid them.

Get well guys!

Thank you Super44. I was bout to point that out. He is the third best lineman on team now. But it dont really matter hes never healthy.

Hes great when he plays, but N.O should not resign him under any circumstances. Let some other team pay for him. Rather the Saints spend that coin on resigning Marcus Williams and maybe work an extension for Ceedy.
I agree. At some point you need to weigh value to age and on field availability. While I would love to keep Armstead, I do not think he is worth the price he will command. I loved Hendrickson too. But I did mot want the Saints to have to pay him the type of money he was going to get on the open market either.

I agree. At some point you need to weigh value to age and on field availability. While I would love to keep Armstead, I do not think he is worth the price he will command. I loved Hendrickson too. But I did mot want the Saints to have to pay him the type of money he was going to get on the open market either.
Yep letting Hendrickson go was a smart move. Its still early in the season but it appears that N.O has found a way to replace his production.

Wonder how Trey is doing in Cincy? Guess I’ll go Google.

Wonder how Trey is doing in Cincy? Guess I’ll go Google.
He's doing pretty good. He has one sack so far but he has been doing other things and very disruptive for them. Also s/o to Vonn Bell who's on the same team w/ him. Bengals did good get these guys, they needed two guys like this w/ that New Orleans pedigree.

He's doing pretty good. He has one sack so far but he has been doing other things and very disruptive for them. Also s/o to Vonn Bell who's on the same team w/ him. Bengals did good get these guys, they needed two guys like this w/ that New Orleans pedigree.
Glad they’re both doing well. I miss Vonn…loved his game.

And Eli Apple

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom