arrested for saggy pants in LA. (1 Viewer)

I see "underwear exposed" on the Crowley arrest report from time to time. Talk about ridiculous! Especially when the town of roughly 15,000 had 5-6 murders last year, conservatively.

Saggy pants are ridiculous and tough to look at in some cases. I don't think it's something that should be legislated and it only accomplishes stoking racist tendencies among those already racist segments of the population IMO

I'm glad we can just ban things now because we don't like looking at them. It's about time America got over that whole "freedom" nonsense.

Next, let's ban shoes with more than two colors on them. Oh, and cornrows too.

And don't you DARE think about raising my taxes to fund the extra law enforcement needed for this.

I see "underwear exposed" on the Crowley arrest report from time to time. Talk about ridiculous! Especially when the town of roughly 15,000 had 5-6 murders last year, conservatively.

Saggy pants are ridiculous and tough to look at in some cases. I don't think it's something that should be legislated and it only accomplishes stoking racist tendencies among those already racist segments of the population IMO

I'm glad we can just ban things now because we don't like looking at them. It's about time America got over that whole "freedom" nonsense.

Next, let's ban shoes with more than two colors on them. Oh, and cornrows too.

And don't you DARE think about raising my taxes to fund the extra law enforcement needed for this.

So saggy pants are only found with certain races? You both seem to want to steer the conversation in that direction.

I have zero issues with the law and it being enforced. I work in schools. Sagging pants is not race specific. It is a ridiculous fad that needs to go away. Wear pants that fit or get a belt. No one needs to see your under-roos.

So saggy pants are only found with certain races? You both seem to want to steer the conversation in that direction.

I have zero issues with the law and it being enforced. I work in schools. Sagging pants is not race specific. It is a ridiculous fad that needs to go away. Wear pants that fit or get a belt. No one needs to see your under-roos.

I bet you don't complain when a hottie wearing tight jeans bend over and the top of her thong slides up.

I don't care for pants sagging around a guy's thighs but I also hope we never reach the point that people are arrested for their choice in wardrobe. Oh well, too late. Maybe I should just hope I wont get arrested for not getting the right hair cut like in North Korea.

Sorry but someone had to call out Indians on their ridiculous saggy pants. This is America, moran! Dress like a middle aged white guy or get out!

Just to clarify, is it okay to go commando? If there is now a requirement to have at least two layers of fabric over my privates at all times it might become a problem for me on laundry day.

I agree that it's a tacky fad and I also don't think there's an issue with schools addressing it with their own dress code, but I'm with those who are opposed to laws against it.

What is the basis - indecency? Because one garment of clothing is exposed beneath another?

Should a person be arrested for wearing jeans or shorts that are worn tight?

Should an attractive woman in a bikini top be arrested?

What about yoga pants or other athletic or casual clothing that might be revealing?

Should a cyclist wearing race attire be arrested?

I think it's silly to arrest and prosecute for this sort of thing.

I have issue with the law and the fact that it is enforced. And I work in schools, too. Though I think the school aspect and the legal aspect are actually two different issues.

When I see a kid sent to the principal's office for it or a kid harassed by the cops for it, I just think of that amount of time and resources that could be re-allocated to something more impactful. And magnify that times however many you like, and it's a lot of wasted and inefficient effort, imo.

I don't understand why it's got to be a rule, to be honest. Though I can understand it more in schools than I can in public - that seems absurd. I've yet to see a compelling reason for it being legislated.

But then again, I'm in a place where women can go topless legally in public and society manages to trudge forward. And children aren't scarred.

This law would fit right in ... in North Korea.

If a law like that can pass, lets throw one in for wearing a loosened neck tie. Make one to ban those blasted argyle socks too.

Small town LA. Not surprised. Do they also arrest couples for slow-dancing too close?

Explain to me the difference between pants and underpants that makes one acceptable to wear in publuc the the other worthy of jail time.

What about yoga pants or other athletic or casual clothing that might be revealing?

absolutely

I wear baggy pants. I am not making a fashion statement (you'd know if you saw me); I'm wearing them because they are comfortable to me. And there are times where my wife would say that I need to hike my pants up because my drawers are showing.

Meanwhile, she'll wear yoga pants regularly. And she gets a lot more attention than I do - she was on a calendar set for a fitness club in her yoga bottoms being photographed and there was nothing but skin-tight yoga pant-wearing women all over and the cause is celebrated :humblebrag: - and it's far more revealing than my sagged pants.

So it can't be a 'decency' issue

I think it's just another law to satisfy voters/taxpayers with something that's more symbolic than meaningful. And people get to harass kids for another reason, to boot.

Small town LA. Not surprised. Do they also arrest couples for slow-dancing too close?

Explain to me the difference between pants and underpants that makes one acceptable to wear in publuc the the other worthy of jail time.

It doesn't make any sense. I can walk around in just my boxer shorts and it will be totally legal but if I have saggy pants over those same boxer shorts that makes me a criminal. How is this constitutional?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom