Article on Dorseys health front page of MSN today.... (1 Viewer)

hammernnails

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dorsey on the defensive over his health

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. - As college football's most storied defensive lineman, Glenn Dorsey knew what was coming his senior season at Louisiana State.

"Every time you go on the field, someone is trying to prove a point against you," Dorsey told FOXSports.com. "Everybody is game planning against you. You're the guy everyone is trying to beat to get their (draft) stock up."

Such attention prepared Dorsey for double-teams and chop-blocks. But nothing Dorsey experienced at LSU could ready him for the blindside hit he took at last month's NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

Interviewed by a swarm of reporters, Dorsey didn't expect to get peppered with questions about his health and injury history. Multiple media outlets had reported that concerns about a stress fracture Dorsey suffered in his right tibia as a junior could affect his standing as one of the draft's top prospects.

{mod edit - link and "tease" per the TOS, please - kd}

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7884382/Dorsey-on-the-defensive-over-his-health?MSNHPHMA

I'll take the risk, because i'll take his word and his doctors word as well as all of the proof they have that he is fine. Anyone can get injured in any play in a game. It's part of the game.

"Because people have me rated as high as I am, everybody is going to try and look for negatives," said Dorsey, who was forced to wear corrective leg braces as a child.

:_rofl:

What was the writer trying to do - prove his point for him?

I don't like Marvez.

Anyway, this is being blown up by the media and I'd hate to see GD fall, but if he does I hope we get him!! No way he makes it to 10 though.

:_rofl:

What was the writer trying to do - prove his point for him?

I would not put too much stock in this arguement....corrective braces only guide the growth of the body part.. they have nothing to do with strength ot durability concerns once the leg is fully grown....

I am not a doctor... but I did stay at a holiday inn last night

I would not put too much stock in this arguement....corrective braces only guide the growth of the body part.. they have nothing to do with strength ot durability concerns once the leg is fully grown....

I am not a doctor... but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night

Fixed it for ya. ;)

Thanks for posting this, Alex. I saw the article on the MSN front page, too, and thought I'd get mad if I read it, so I didn't -- I wouldn't have looked at it if you hadn't posted it here. It actually reinforced Dorsey's side of the story, IMO. :9:

He'll be gone by 10...darn it. But good for him.

Sounds like his agent did a poor job preparing him for combine questiona and such. Why wouldn't you prepare the young man for questions like that, you know they're going to be asked?

All this injury stuff is total smokescreen coming from lower teams (probably Cincy and us, frankly) who want a shot at him. Unfortunately for us, the only people stupid enough to buy into it are draftnik "geniuses" like Mayock.

I hope if he ends up going to Atanta or Cincinnati that his knee and leg swells up to the size of a telephone pole right after he signs a $20 million guaranteed contract. That way I don't have to see him play for God-awful team but he'll have enough money to take care of himself the rest of his life. ;)
Plus it screws their cap up.

I hope if he plays for Atlanta, he acts really childish, Jerry Glannville becomes their coach, says Dorsey is too much of a project and trades him to the Saints...where he goes on the supplant our starter and never miss a game for the rest of his long NFL career.

I am not a doctor... but I did stay at a holiday inn last night

That's exactly what I was saying; First he quotes Dorsey saying that everyone is nitpicking every little negative thing about him, then the author adds that BS immediately after crediting it as a Dorsey quote, as if to characterize Dorsey as a health risk his entire life.

It's subtle, and maybe it was meant differently, but it's there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom