At the Copa, Copa America ('24) (1 Viewer)

Co-sign all

I think the major difference with our backs in respect to club side (aside from fitting the system like you allude to) is work rate - they’re asked to do a lot more bc greggg’s style invites attack
It’s like DA’s defense in last 2 seasons- bc offense gave other teams so many chances, those teams had more opportunity to score v a tired defense)

And while I’d take Low is half a heartbeat- the more I see greggg on the sidelines the more I want a fiery coach

Thats just it....we dont need "fiery" if the manager is "that guy", right? If he has the gravity and clout, and players understand and respect THAT FACT, you dont need a guy who will get apoplectic. Just a simple gaze alone will tell a player/ the team exactly what he is thinking in that moment.

and there are several of those types out there, right now.

Gregg gives off this aura of apathy

Thats just it....we dont need "fiery" if the manager is "that guy", right? If he has the gravity and clout, and players understand and respect THAT FACT, you dont need a guy who will get apoplectic. Just a simple gaze alone will tell a player/ the team exactly what he is thinking in that moment.

and there are several of those types out there, right now.

Gregg gives off this aura of apathy
Typically I would take steady hand leadership vs a Bobby knight, I’m just so tired of the listlessness

Its a 2 year job. If any other those guys want to get back into a club, 2 years isnt long to put a WC on youre resume.

In the event the search is coming up a bit empty with the Martinez/Low/Klopp types....

Theres a vitriol for some with Klinsmann. I think Klinsmann would have a much better run with this pool than the one he had. He was using tactics that he just didnt have the talent to pull off - but he had some moments. He did get some results that were better than the sum of its parts. He is familiar with the innerworkings of US Soccer which would alleviate some of the timeline issues. I want to say he advanced out the group at Copa with Bobby Wood and Zardes up top - you cant even begin to compare either of them to Balogun. Give me Klinsmann with Balogun/Pulisic and Gio. Im sure he would be cheaper than any of these dream guys weve listed if its about money. Hell, give him the full reigns and kick Crocker out with Berhalter.

I thought letting players influence the hiring process was Crockers first mistake. Other than using his brain instead of a bunch of pie in the sky tests and metrics. It is fitting then, that one of the players supporting Berhalter - Weah - will likely be the one to put the final nail in the coffin.

Last edited:
it’s not a trend yet but greggg’s team can lose their heads pretty quickly

Weah's red card aside, I think Berhalter is the problem, this team is too talented to struggle like they do....the strength is up front, yet the tactics are to play mostly out of the back.....the best chance this team has is to play much more aggressively.....I don't see Berhalter every truly realizing this.....

Its a 2 year job. If any other those guys want to get back into a club, 2 years isnt long to put a WC on youre resume.

In the event the search is coming up a bit empty with the Martinez/Low/Klopp types....

Theres a vitriol for some with Klinsmann. I think Klinsmann would have a much better run with this pool than the one he had. He was using tactics that he just didnt have the talent to pull off - but he had some moments. He did get some results that were better than the sum of its parts. He is familiar with the innerworkings of US Soccer which would alleviate some of the timeline issues. I want to say he advanced out the group at Copa with Bobby Wood and Zardes up top - you can even begin to compare either of them to Balogun. Give me Klinsmann with Balogun/Pulisic and Gio. Im sure he would be cheaper than any of these dream guys weve listed if its about money. Hell, give him the full reigns and kick Crocker out with Berhalter.

I thought letting players influence the hiring process was Crockers first mistake. Other than using his brain instead of a bunch of pie in the sky tests and metrics. It is fitting then, that one of the players supporting Berhalter - Weah - will likely be the one to put the final nail in the coffin.

an overlooked aspect- Klinsmann was attempting to bring " Die Mannschaft" to US Soccer.

I was fully on board. But unfortunately US Soccer was not. Its a culture that the Germans had created and served them well ( obviously ) but i think it became apparent to Klinsmann that the reception for this change wasnt going to go well. And his ego may have contributed to the lack of reception too.

But he was about a decade too early.

The time is now for THAT guy and US Soccer to assimilate to what international soccer is really all about- the team. Players can go wherever they want to ply their trade, but understand that when you put on that US kit, you play with a style, unity, efficiency and desire that no one can rival.

I watched Italia90 just a few nights ago.

I watched Paul Gascoine ( Gazza ) in TEARS after a win, grabbing his shirt and looking into the stands for the England supporters and kissing that badge.

Somehow we have arrived to a place where it simply doesnt seem to carry that weight.

!@$!@# that- its time. Its past time.

an overlooked aspect- Klinsmann was attempting to bring " Die Mannschaft" to US Soccer.

I was fully on board. But unfortunately US Soccer was not. Its a culture that the Germans had created and served them well ( obviously ) but i think it became apparent to Klinsmann that the reception for this change wasnt going to go well. And his ego may have contributed to the lack of reception too.

But he was about a decade too early.

The time is now for THAT guy and US Soccer to assimilate to what international soccer is really all about- the team. Players can go wherever they want to ply their trade, but understand that when you put on that US kit, you play with a style, unity, efficiency and desire that no one can rival.

I watched Italia90 just a few nights ago.

I watched Paul Gascoine ( Gazza ) in TEARS after a win, grabbing his shirt and looking into the stands for the England supporters and kissing that badge.

Somehow we have arrived to a place where it simply doesnt seem to carry that weight.

!@$!@# that- its time. Its past time.

Pulisic, Adams, McKinnie, all have that level of will and emotion. It would be a pity if the team never plays to it's potential because.....Berhalter.....

Well its a slow day at work, im staying off the MAP board, aint looking at Hurricane forecast models.

so i ended up in a rabbit hole regarding US Soccer- Garber, Crocker, Ford and well ill be damn, Jay BERHALTER.

I have zero confidence that Gregg will lose his position unless Crocker is sacked as well.

And Eric Wynalda is not shy about telling you exactly how it is. Who controls what ( Jay B, Garber ) and their ultimate goals ( not to forward soccer in US, its to make soccer a money making machine- if we happen to get better during that process, thats great, but not the ultimate goal )

holy cow i gotta find some work to do. i cant continue this because it seemingly only gets worse.

What a loser thing to say

I saw the actual interview. Didn't even bother to post.

He threw Weah under the bus. Didn't even think twice.

Amazing that it had nothing to do with the other 10 players or his management of the game. All on Weah.

I can't wait til this clown is out.

Amazing that it had nothing to do with the other 10 players or his management of the game. All on Weah.

Yeah, I mean, I've been over him for a while now. They can't get rid of him soon enough. When you say loser things...well, this is what you get.

Hey did you know the WC wash out was Gio’s fault?

All we should really do is look at how the USWNT manager spot was handled. Vlatko had plenty of chances with talented squads and didn’t produce results. Vlatko’s gone, and they’ve brought in Emma Hayes. Let’s make a similar move for the men’s team. Please.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom