Audiobooks (2 Viewers)

I rent them from any Cracker Barrel and return them at any restaurant. Makes long drives fly by.

I don't process as well when they're read to me. I have to do the reading myself...

I've really enjoyed all the different books Rob Bell has written and their audio rendition. For example, Velvet Elvis, SexGod, Jesus Wants To Save Christians, and Love Wins. I think you will enjoy all of those books.

Frank Mueller does most of the Dark Tower series and is a perfect Roland Deshane.

Quick question

I usually buy my audiobooks on CD (or get them from the library)

There was a book I really wanted to listen to that was unavailable in physical form.

So I bought it through iTunes last week and figured that I could just burn it onto a MP3 CD so I could listen to in my car.

I found out that I couldn't burn it.

Is there was way to convert the book so I can put it on a MP3 disc?

Thanks for your help

I get mine from Audible.com on my iPhone. Just finished volume three of Game of Thrones series. Well worth the money.

Quick question

I usually buy my audiobooks on CD (or get them from the library)

There was a book I really wanted to listen to that was unavailable in physical form.

So I bought it through iTunes last week and figured that I could just burn it onto a MP3 CD so I could listen to in my car.

I found out that I couldn't burn it.

Is there was way to convert the book so I can put it on a MP3 disc?

Thanks for your help

If your car has a cassette player, it pretty inexpensive to get a cassette adapter and play a mp3 player through that in your car. I have been doing it that way for a while as both of my cars are old enough not to have auxilary jacks.

If your car has a cassette player, it pretty inexpensive to get a cassette adapter and play a mp3 player through that in your car. I have been doing it that way for a while as both of my cars are old enough not to have auxilary jacks.

Unfortunately my car doesn't have a cassette or jacks, it does play MP3 discs though.

I'm a little bummed about this I really wanted to listen to this book in the car

Unfortunately my car doesn't have a cassette or jacks, it does play MP3 discs though.

I'm a little bummed about this I really wanted to listen to this book in the car

Should have mentioned this before, but there are also adapters that you dial to a certain radio station and then it plays on a specific radio station. Hope this might help. This doesn't work as well as the cassette, because actual radio signals might interfere with the signal you're using in the car.

Just finished listening to Gone Girl, I really enjoyed it. going to watch the movie this weekend.

Any other good suggestions?

I highly recommend the Chet & Bernie series by Spencer Quinn.

It's a mystery series about a private detective and his dog. The books are told in first person from the point of view of the dog. They're fantastic and you swear that's really what and how dogs think.

I really wish I could get into audio books, but they put me to sleep. I like to read, but for some reason listening to a book knocks me out:(

The key to listening at night - play some mindless game like tetris, bejeweled, something like that.

You're able to focus on the game - but also the audiobook.

There are times when I'll play at night for 2-3 hours and I'm fine the whole time, but as soon as I turn the game off off the book knocks me out in less than ten minutes.

Anyone listen to anything really good lately?

I just finished the Last Policeman Trilogy which I really enjoyed.

One of my new favorite narrators is Bronson Pinchot, yes that Bronson Pinchot, Balki from Perfect Strangers

He's fantastic

I got 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea for $.99 from Audible.
The reader is pretty good too doing different voices for different characters.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom