Bad Casting Choices in the Movies and Television (1 Viewer)

Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan. Yes, I realize Green Lantern would have been a dumpster fire regardless, and I love RR, but no way I was ever going to buy him as Hal. Guy Gardner maybe.

Oddly enough, Reynolds was perfectly cast as Deadpool in that awful Wolverine movie, only for the character to be forked up beyond recognition. Luckily, he got the chance to do it right.

Two that come to mind are is the lead actor in Godzilla 2014 and Aaron Eckart in Erin Brockivich

Two criticisms, both from a fan of the TV show:

1) You CANNOT reboot a old TV show, and then take the leader and hero and make him the bad guy. (It is like making Hanibal the bad guy in The A-Team) They did this in the first movie. Although to his credit, Peter Graves refused to be part of the first movie that did this, they still used the same character, but played by Jon Voight and made him the bad guy.

2) Much of the original tv show had the MI team doing their job without the bad guys ever knowing the team was involved. The first movie did not do this and after complaints it became a bigger part of the plots of the sequels.

Other than these two complaints, the movies are good and a lot of fun.

I agree whole heartedly. I HATED the first film.
The betrayal of the TV series was unforgivable, but so was the absolute throwing out of any sense of reality in the stunts. This is the same reason the James Bond films became unwatchable after "Live and Let Die". The ludicrous things he somehow survives simply come off as a parody instead of exciting, just downright stupid. The helicopter following the train into the tunnel at the end made me want to change the channel (which you can' do in a theater, obviously). Not because it's "too intense", but because it's so unbelievable that it's stupid. The second film was just as bad on that front (not to mention the bludgeoning Tom Cruise narcissism throughout), so I didn't bother with any of the others.

The guy who played the pirate guy in Game of Thrones, the one who was courting Cersei towards the very end, was an awful casting choice. He was cartoonish and ridiculous. It was jarring and totally took me out of any scene he was in.

ETA: Googled, character's name was Euron Grayjoy

The guy who played the pirate guy in Game of Thrones, the one who was courting Cersei towards the very end, was an awful casting choice. He was cartoonish and ridiculous. It was jarring and totally took me out of any scene he was in.

ETA: Googled, character's name was Euron Grayjoy

Yeah, it wasn't just the actor, but the portrayal of the character. I liked the other Gregjoy character roles just fine, but Euron was awful.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom