Video Baldy’s Breakdown: Taysom Hill vs. Colts (1 Viewer)

He is so fluid when he runs, fun to watch! Also, having another blocker makes a big difference as well, and he does a good job following/trusting it! He is hardly ever met at the line of scrimmage, which seems to happen most of the time when Kamara runs!

He’s a very patient runner, and seems to have next level vision when it comes to allowing his blocks to set up and then following behind them. You just never see a “negative” run when taking it QB power. Give him 1 pass attempt every 4-5 runs just to keep the defense honest and let’s try him on first down some.

It’s awesome to have Taysom. How much longer can he keep this up at his age?

I think Taysom will still be an effective rusher going into his age 35 season in 2025.

He began his NFL career at 27. He wasn’t utilized in QB power until 28. He received only 64 carries during his first 2 seasons on offense. So he doesn’t have the same mileage as other ballcarriers in their early-mid 30s.

He’ll still be a capable backup QB who can run when his contract expires in ‘26, even if he can’t perform as many QB power snaps.

Hill has averaged over 5 yards per carry in every season he has had carries, 4 out of 6 being the age of 30 or older.

I think Taysom will still be an effective rusher going into his age 35 season in 2025.

He began his NFL career at 27. He wasn’t utilized in QB power until 28. He received only 64 carries during his first 2 seasons on offense. So he doesn’t have the same mileage as other ballcarriers in their early-mid 30s.

He’ll still be a capable backup QB who can run when his contract expires in ‘26, even if he can’t perform as many QB power snaps.
This !

Teams will now have to spend lots of time of the Taysom package. So what does that open up in terms of what they neglect?

I say it’s Michael Thomas and Kamara in the pass game. They won’t pay attention to those details of how to guard those two. They will try to limit big plays and limit Taysom in weekly practice.

Juwan Johnson is also another candidate to get open and he could see a surge in production.

It’s still going to be hard to defend the Taysom plays. I hope we develop a pass play from the heavy sets. Taysom to Johnson or Graham would be cool.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom