Bear Fan says dont sleep on Bear offense. (1 Viewer)

Oh yeah, just thought this might endear myself to you guys.

I predicted the Saints to compete for the NFC south at the beginning of the year. A good deal of this prediction was due to the terrible year the bears had in 2002 when they played 16 road games while a spaceship completed docking at soldier field. The Bears suffered similar injuries. Obviously the Saints offeseason moves were fantastic, and it might be argued that the Saints had the best draft, followed by the Bears.

I checked the weather today and the forcast for Sunday is a high of 31 degrees and a low of 21 degrees and snow flurries. Not great weather, but not that bad either, and we all know that can change over the next 5 days.

I see the Saints winning this game 31 to 13! I just think that right now no one runs the ball like the saints do....in the last 2 meaningful games, the saints run the ball over 200 yds on both occasions.....we beat the Giants when the wind was a factor up in NY by running the ball, and both Reggie and Deuce had over 100 yds....and we beat the Eagles last week by running again over 200 yds!

I say this, cause I am convinced that the Bears D is not better than the Giants or Philly's D, both playoff teams....so I think our running game will be the difference. Now if the weather cooperates we might see this game get out of hand quickly, especially if Brees has a good day, but even if the weather is not good, we should win this game.

Right now I see 3 deficiencies in this Bears team: 1) Grossman 2) No M Brown 3) No T Harris. these are 3 huge problems when facing the Saints!

Is devin hester a good return man..? Of course..! Now take that fact factor it into how many years returners have good years..? Each only has one break out year then they are back to average..! Example Micheal Lewis, Daunte Hall...Etc.... Yes as the season goes on the returners do get worn out, thats why most returners have most of thier touchdowns early in the season..! Now do I think Rex is a good quaterback..? Not at all I think he will be a good quaterback in the future just not right now.. Take in effect this is his first actual year playing in the N.F.L. Rex has been hurt since coming into the nfl.. He just needs more expierence.. Which will only come with the more games he plays..
My Prediction on the game is
Saints 34 Bears 17
Yes I will be at the game..! Saints side on the 45 yard line 2rows behind the players.. Sec. 111 Row 6
Please Saints fans come down & say hello & Bears fans are welcome 2

See my first post. Basically, I see the Bears d bending not breaking, but NO being able to kick some field goals and score several times, at least once with Reggie Bush/Duce. Probably after Brees hits several 15-30 passes in holes. I see the Bears getting 1-2 big passing plays and having the advantage in field position for most of the game. Call me crazy, but I see few turnovers in this game, and I think rex will have as good or better game than he did against Seattle.

LSSPam: If anyone offered me the Bears +10 I would liquidate all my assets and bet it all. As of right now, I'm leaning towards either laying 50 on the Bears -2 or not laying a bet at all. Probably, I will make many bets for drinks with insecure BearsFriends. I hope I dont defend by discussing bets, but when someone makes bold claims I think they either need strong evidence to support those claims or should stand behind their comments when put to it, monitarily.

Dusty...PM me if you have paypal. :)

A couple things that would concern me if I were a Bears fan:
-Rex's press conference after the game Sunday where he talked at length about the Super Bowl and having that ring for the rest of his life
-Lovie's press conference where he talked at length about how special it would be to face Tony Dungy in the Super Bowl

Seems to me, at least, that the Bears were celebrating a bit too much after that win over the Hawks and started the Super Bowl talk a little early. JMHO.

I love my Saints and respect everyone's opinion. But i'm not sure how anyone on this board or any football fan in general, is not giving respecting Hester! Everyone is trying to downplay his skills! What! Are you serious! Look at what he does, plus he had two more returns that were called back, at least two more. As a Saint fan, I hope we never kick it to him! I don't even kick it to him on Madden.

Sorry, no paypal since I was the victim of identity theft a couple years ago. How much would you have laid, 5dimes? a g?

I love my Saints and respect everyone's opinion. But i'm not sure how anyone on this board or any football fan in general, is not giving respecting Hester! Everyone is trying to downplay his skills! What! Are you serious! Look at what he does, plus he had two more returns that were called back, at least two more. As a Saint fan, I hope we never kick it to him! I don't even kick it to him on Madden.

Haha! And nice Avatar. Yeah, I see some similarity between Hester and Bush as far as ability to change direction and accelerate. Obviously Bush is better.

Haha! And nice Avatar. Yeah, I see some similarity between Hester and Bush as far as ability to change direction and accelerate. Obviously Bush is better.

Thanks. I like how some people try to compare our beloved Micheal Lewis to Hester. I'm a Saints Fan no doubt, but also a realist. Hester is a s.o.b. At the U he was good, now with your Bears he's bad as well. We would be dumb to kick it to him oppose to giving the ball to Rex on a short field.

I have broken down the last 7 games played by the Saints and Bears using the catagories given my the Bears fan.

Pass Defense Saints: 1229 Bears: 1806

Rushing Yards Saints: 1020 Bears 1013

Saints Rush Yards per Rush 3.8, 4.6, 4.4, 3.0, 4.5, 3.6, 5.6
Bears Rush Yards per Rush 4.3, 3.3, 5.1, 3.9, 3.9, 9.8, 3.5

Opponent Rushing Yards Saints: 927 Bears: 726

Turnovers Saints:4 Bears: 19

Records: Saints 5-2 Bears 5-2

The majority disparties are Bears Turnovers are really high, Saints give up too many yards rushing, Saints pass defense is much better. Otherwise every other catagory is virtually even.

thank you, very informative. Like someone said on another thread, both teams are 1-0 as of Sunday.

Thanks. I like how some people try to compare our beloved Micheal Lewis to Hester. I'm a Saints Fan no doubt, but also a realist. Hester is a s.o.b. At the U he was good, now with your Bears he's bad as well. We would be dumb to kick it to him oppose to giving the ball to Rex on a short field.

I think there's no doubt that they'll kick it to Hester. They might take some measures aimed at limiting the return--not over-persuing or kicking it high and short. Also, I think NO will make the attempt at the turnover, but I dont think taht the Saints will get it. In any event, Bears will have the edge in field position.

I think there's no doubt that they'll kick it to Hester. They might take some measures aimed at limiting the return--not over-persuing or kicking it high and short. Also, I think NO will make the attempt at the turnover, but I dont think taht the Saints will get it. In any event, Bears will have the edge in field position.

Yeah, you're probably right. Hopefully we can get some good drives and if not a TD then 3 points at least. Hester does fumble a ton, hopefully he'll get nervous.

Just trying to bring this thread to prominence. If you've been viewing Beardown's thread, you might want to read up on this one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom