Being Poor (2 Viewers)

How did a “poor” thread become a general “race” thread?

Arent we saying that race plays a part in that and isnt there one poster in here claiming that racism does not exist?

Were the footballs too 'dark' for Doug Williams?

Just to add to this, his fourth point is just idiocy.

Fourth, immigrants as a group are exceptionally motivated. Almost daily, we learn about individuals who are willing to risk their lives for an opportunity at a better economic life. They are willing to board unseaworthy rafts and boats to cross an ocean, while armed with the knowledge that many others before them have died attempting such a voyage. Some will climb border fences, swim rivers and even risk encountering right-wing border militias in search of better economic opportunities. It has probably always been the case that those who were willing to leave the country, or the farm, or the village and come to the “promised land” of opportunity have been more ambitious and motivated than their counterparts who elected to stay behind.

Well duh....motivation and ambition are two requirements for success (excepting the rare instances of those who are extraordinarily lucky). Really all this does is agree with what I already stated. How does the author propose that those who are not motivated to take action achieve success?

Ever hang around DACA kids? I’ve never seen more motivated individuals.

Ever hang around DACA kids? I’ve never seen more motivated individuals.

My wife is from El Salvador and both her younger sisters are DACA

I know they are motivated....that was my point from the beginning

“The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt

This quote is etched in marble at FDR's monument in Washington, D.C. When I visited last year, this quote left an impression on me. I sat there and read it over and over again. We have clearly failed.

Being poor in America is thinking you wouldn't be struggling if they would just stop taking your taxes and giving it away to welfare queens.
Does it count if they feel the same way about taking taxes and giving it to corporate welfare?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom