Believe It Or Not, A "Greatest American Hero" Movie (1 Viewer)

They dont call it West FUNroe for nothing.
my dad moved back and stayed after my parents divorce. All my life in phone conversation he would ask me when I was coming to Funroe to see him so it still makes me smile. Even though I never thought of it as fun other than getting to see family lol

my dad moved back and stayed after my parents divorce. All my life in phone conversation he would ask me when I was coming to Funroe to see him so it still makes me smile. Even though I never thought of it as fun other than getting to see family lol

My father is originally from North Louisiana, and when i was growing up in NOLA, we still had a lot of family in the Monroe area (i think most of them are no longer with us).. but every year we had our family reunion in Tallulah, which for those not familiar, is just outside of Monroe.. one year in the 80s, i’ll never forget we rented a 33 ft Winnebago to haul our NOLA fam up to the reunion, and have a place for us to all stay.. it was so much fun, and to this day it’s the only time I’ve ever traveled in an RV, but i still have very fond memories of it... it weird what sticks with you, but the two things I remember most were playing a (then new) board game called Trivial Pursuit on the trip up.. and trying a (then new) dessert from Dairy Queen called the Blizzard.

My father is originally from North Louisiana, and when i was growing up in NOLA, we still had a lot of family in the Monroe area (i think most of them are no longer with us).. but every year we had our family reunion in Tallulah, which for those not familiar, is just outside of Monroe.. one year in the 80s, i’ll never forget we rented a 33 ft Winnebago to haul our NOLA fam up to the reunion, and have a place for us to all stay.. it was so much fun, and to this day it’s the only time I’ve ever traveled in an RV, but i still have very fond memories of it... it weird what sticks with you, but the two things I remember most were playing a (then new) board game called Trivial Pursuit on the trip up.. and trying a (then new) dessert from Dairy Queen called the Blizzard.

Dang, when the Blizzard was new, ages ago, lol. Actually, this whole post brings back memories, haha.

My father is originally from North Louisiana, and when i was growing up in NOLA, we still had a lot of family in the Monroe area (i think most of them are no longer with us).. but every year we had our family reunion in Tallulah, .....dessert from Dairy Queen called the Blizzard.

So cool that you brought those up. I have a story about the Dairy Queen in either Tallulah or Delhi. My mom and I went to get our new family puppy in Monroe, along with visiting family, in the mid 80s. She let me pick out the pup and I chose the one that was the most chill of the litter. Charlie, the pup, slept for the day and a half before we left to bring her back to NOLA. We stopped at the Dairy Queen and I got a choc ice cream cup. We started back and Charlie smelt that ice cream and I let her lick the bottom of the cup. The rest of the trip and until she was a much older dog, she was a hyper chew beast. I always blamed it on that ice cream considering how she had been up to that point lol. And I’m pretty sure you aren’t suppose to give dogs chocolate but I’m also pretty sure it doesn’t do that to them.

So cool that you brought those up. I have a story about the Dairy Queen in either Tallulah or Delhi. My mom and I went to get our new family puppy in Monroe, along with visiting family, in the mid 80s. She let me pick out the pup and I chose the one that was the most chill of the litter. Charlie, the pup, slept for the day and a half before we left to bring her back to NOLA. We stopped at the Dairy Queen and I got a choc ice cream cup. We started back and Charlie smelt that ice cream and I let her lick the bottom of the cup. The rest of the trip and until she was a much older dog, she was a hyper chew beast. I always blamed it on that ice cream considering how she had been up to that point lol. And I’m pretty sure you aren’t suppose to give dogs chocolate but I’m also pretty sure it doesn’t do that to them.

Damn Dairy Queen! Blame it on them, lol... i just will never forget how amazed i was as a 9 yr old that you could TURN IT UPSIDE DOWN and the Blizzard would stay in the cup! And to think that DQ was some exotic place to me only since we didnt have any in the NOLA metro back then, kinda like Sonic haha

Other bad songs I randomly sing in my head ... Paul Shaffer singing "Bermuda" on Letterman.

(at 4:00)

I don't know what happened with the 2008 effort, but apparently there was also an attempt in 2018 to reboot it and it bombed. It looked like it was originally supposed to be a series then morphed into a TV movie

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom