Believe it or not-The Saints are still in the hunt for the division (67 Viewers)

Lets look at he the remaining schedule and see:

At Chargers - I think this is likely a loss. They love to run the ball and we can't defend against it right now. This is another game without Carr and likely still a banged up Oline.

At Panthers - Going to give us the win. I think the Panthers are horrible and even a banged up Saints team will win. If we lose this game its over.

VS Failclowns - I think we should have beaten Atlanta last time we played. Team should be on the mend. Lets say we get the win here.

VS Browns - They are horrible, but Watson is hurt now so they are forced to play a better QB. They have a pretty good defense. Assuming we have gotten healthier and the defense starts to play better we can win this game.

BYE - 5-6 and need 4 of the next eight to make a push for the division/playoffs.

VS. Rams - Another team hit hard with injuries. This game may come down to who has gotten more players back. I don't think its a slam dun win. But we have to win to make a push so lets say for sake of argument we win.

At Giants - Not a very good team but they play hard. This is another must win. I am going to give us the win because I think healthy we are the better team.

VS Commanders - I think they are the real deal. Don't think the Daniels injury is season ending and he could likely play. I think this is a loss.

At Packers - They are better team and its on the road outdoors. This is a loss.

VS Raiders - Carr revenge game? Barring further injury we are back to full strength. I give us the win.

At Bucs - Have us at 8-8 if all goes right going into this game. Lets assume that the Falcons have done what they always do and are no longer in the picture. The Bucs have upcoming games against the Ravens, Chiefs, 49ers, Chargers and Cowboys. These are very tough games against likely playoff teams. There is a world where the Bucs come into this game 8-8 and the winner takes the division.

So there you have at least in my opinion, a plausible outcome that has the Saints finishing 9-8 and winning the division. So much has to go right for this outcome to happen, and the Saints have to rely on both the Falcons and Bucs to falter but there is a path.

Having typed all this I don't see it happening. Not sure we win all those game we need to win, and I don't think the team is good enough to upset the better ones. I also think the Bucs are better then most Saints fans want to admit and its more likely they make it to 10 wins and take the division. Even if we do sneak out 9 wins, I am not sure the tie breakers will be in are favor.
Consider that the Falcons and Buccs have much tougher schedules than us over the next 4 weeks. We may find ourselves all even after 10-11 games. Just prolonging the agony, but it is realistic.

I don’t think the Bucs and falcons are running away with the division and if the Saints could some how get more players back healthy. We could be onto something. Carr and Taysom will be back and I expect McCoy and Ruiz to be back soon (atleast by November) also. Yea Adebo went down for the year, but did it really hurt ? Because we were just talking about replacing him with Kool aid or Taylor on the outside to start due to the excessive penalties. I think we can make a small run if we can get guys back healthy. As I said before, the falcons and Bucs aren’t running away due to their schedule. I’ll hang on to the little hope I have until we are mathematically eliminated.
The incoming lost to the Chargers will put an end to this narrative. We will not win anything until you fire DA, the players don't want to play for him.

If the draft were held tomorrow, the Saints would be flipping a coin for the 7th pick in the draft.

With the injuries the team has suffered across the board, I don’t see any way they make a play for the division title.

Consider that the Falcons and Buccs have much tougher schedules than us over the next 4 weeks. We may find ourselves all even after 10-11 games. Just prolonging the agony, but it is realistic.
It’s technically possible but I don’t believe it’s realistic.

This feels like one of those seasons where even if we do rattle off a win or two in a row - we’ll burn out and wet the bed when given the chance to ascend.

The give-up here is weird.

The falcons have not shown to be significantly better than us, the Bucs are now starting to have their own injury concerns, we have key players starting to return from injury.

We are absolutely still in the division title race.

Our fans have become soft quitters.

It’s technically possible but I don’t believe it’s realistic.

This feels like one of those seasons where even if we do rattle off a win or two in a row - we’ll burn out and wet the bed when given the chance to ascend.
I admit, its getting tougher and tougher to walk into the dome with optimism. But I'll be there in a few weeks with optimism at kickoff.

The falcons have not shown to be significantly better than us, the Bucs are now starting to have their own injury concerns, we have key players starting to return from injury.

We are not "giving up" we are just living with the reality of the situation. I'm not delusional.

FIRE DA!

I'll say this. If DA manages to somehow rally the team to the playoffs and actually wins a game there, I'll fully support him as HC for for at least 2 more seasons.

That said...nahhh...it ain't happening, lol.
So you would fully support a guy, who has yet to win a division, that has been the worst division in recent memory? All bc he would somehow luck his way into winning it this year? That’s the difference in standards. SP was winning the division, staying competitive when every NFC South team had a franchise QB and pretty good teams. I’m not doing it. I’m not lowering the bar, just bc the bar is low for the current division. I want a true leader of men. Win the division, then fire him upon elimination

The only thing I disagree with in your post, SWJJ, is Atlanta. I find myself a bit envious of the weapons they have on offense and they have a good defensive line.
Otherwise, I believe we have a chance at getting better IF we can get some of our key starters back and stay healthy.

So you would fully support a guy, who has yet to win a division, that has been the worst division in recent memory? All bc he would somehow luck his way into winning it this year? That’s the difference in standards. SP was winning the division, staying competitive when every NFC South team had a franchise QB and pretty good teams. I’m not doing it. I’m not lowering the bar, just bc the bar is low for the current division. I want a true leader of men. Win the division, then fire him upon elimination
That's why I added win a playoff game. If he gets to the playoffs, that's one thing, if he gets them to win a playoff game, that's another thing entirely. There won't be any bad teams in the playoffs.

Like I said tho...nahhh, it ain't happening.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom