Believe it or not-The Saints are still in the hunt for the division (38 Viewers)

I don’t think the Bucs and falcons are running away with the division and if the Saints could some how get more players back healthy. We could be onto something. Carr and Taysom will be back and I expect McCoy and Ruiz to be back soon (atleast by November) also. Yea Adebo went down for the year, but did it really hurt ? Because we were just talking about replacing him with Kool aid or Taylor on the outside to start due to the excessive penalties. I think we can make a small run if we can get guys back healthy. As I said before, the falcons and Bucs aren’t running away due to their schedule. I’ll hang on to the little hope I have until we are mathematically eliminated.
Have you watched the last two games?

The reality is that we can lose 2-3 more games and still compete for the division! So, it’s very freaking possible! That 3 game stretch we just had was deliberate from NFL! They don’t want us winning much but they can suck it! The defense is energized by the offense! When they see Carr and Taysom in line up it motivates them to play well! That’s that! So, be cautiously optimistic! But, don’t give up hope just yet!
I admire your optimism. Sincerely....no sarcasm whatsoever. But DA is a career 0.350 coach. At his best he’s ever been, DA is a 0.500 coach. So I expect the next 10 games to go 5-5, if DA can duplicate the best he’s ever been. That forecasts to 7-10. And to be perfectly honest, that feels optimistic because it assumes he'll duplicate his best year ever. I just can't get excited about that.

I hope you're right, and I am wrong. But I wouldn't even bet a dollar on that outcome....

I don’t think the Bucs and falcons are running away with the division and if the Saints could some how get more players back healthy. We could be onto something. Carr and Taysom will be back and I expect McCoy and Ruiz to be back soon (atleast by November) also. Yea Adebo went down for the year, but did it really hurt ? Because we were just talking about replacing him with Kool aid or Taylor on the outside to start due to the excessive penalties. I think we can make a small run if we can get guys back healthy. As I said before, the falcons and Bucs aren’t running away due to their schedule. I’ll hang on to the little hope I have until we are mathematically eliminated.
I remember when I used to hang onto hope like this. Not that it is a bad thing, but you can set yourself up for more anger and disappointment if you are not careful. The Bucs and Falcons are better than us and the chance that we beat the Chargers are slim and none (who knows stranger things have happened, right?) Edit: changed my LOL to like, it is good to have a positive attitude! I am still trying when we have seasons like this LOL

Last edited:
Depends on if the defense can sort things out during this mini-bye and get some of their guys back too. I was nowhere near as down on Adebo as a lot of the fanbase seems to be. He's a physical corner, he got flagged at times (some of which I thought were very ticky tack anyway), and sometimes those flags happen at costly moments. He also had moments where he looked like a lockdown corner, he had 10 passes defended and 3 picks this season in 7 games, also added 43 solo tackles and 9 assists to go along with that. I feel like we just witnessed a potential break out season get derailed by what is a freak injury as far as football is concerned. As you said, he's out for the season anyway so we will see how McKinstry steps up but I personally think it's a huge loss. On a more positive note, if we can get Werner back I think some of these tackling issues are resolved. The man himself is a sure tackler but he's also always flying to the football to help clean up when other guys make initial contact. I also thought Will Harris was playing very well before his injury. The main issue is the D-line is relatively healthy but their production just hasn't been there, but they've got this mini-bye to look into the mirror just as the coaches have it to re-evaluate what they're asking them to do and see if there's a better way forward.

I agree the offense will look better with Carr, Taysom, and Ruiz back. At the very least we should be able to actually run the football a bit just by nature of the latter two being in the game. Say what you will about Carr but NFL coaches are more worried about him than either Rattler or Haener right now which also helps the run game. If we've got those guys and are somewhere in the mix when McCoy comes back then all bets are off. The main issue is getting to that point, and for that we need our defense to get it's act together again.
Good points and well said.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom