Benching Beerman for 1 muffed punt? (1 Viewer)

generally reggie returns punts, lewis (or other player) returns kickoffs - and lol, their wasnt another kickoff after the opening of the 2nd half

and i agree he was trying to get reggie involved, reggie was visibly frustrated sunday

I think Lewis gave the wrong answer. He may be a fan favorite but Payton doesn't cut anyone any slack. That is what makes him a good coach. ML might still be in the Haslett era. In Payon's place everyone is accountable for what they do. Good for the coach!

I thought it was the right call. You muff a punt, you sit out and try again next week.

He definitely pulled him for the muffed punt. Payton doesn't play around. Michael Lewis does not have many responsibilities and one of his main ones are to catch punts. That mistake could have changed the game. Lewis better realize this or he might not last on this team.

I thought it was the right call. You muff a punt, you sit out and try again next week.

But if you're a $50 million RB who avg -5 yards on 11 carries you get praise from the coach the next day.Unbelievable.

I'm sure Payton was trying to end a message, but the fact that Lewis is on the roster for basically a special team's slot despite not doing anything in training camp tells me that Payton has a lot of respect for the guy and knows what kind of impact he can have on a game. There's nothing wrong with letting a guy know that just because you respect him it doesn't mean he gets treated any different when he messes up. I'm sure Mike got the message and will focus this week.

He was going to switch Bush and Mike out anyway, so he just took advantage of the muff. There's nothing wrong with what he did, this is a dumb thread.

But if you're a $50 million RB who avg -5 yards on 11 carries you get praise from the coach the next day.Unbelievable.

Dude, give up already!

We know, you don't think RB is any good.....we get it!

Beerman wasn't benched. He and Reggie were scheduled to switch out anyway. The only reason we didn't see Beerman again is because Tampa never scored again. If we had to recieve a kickoff it would of been Lewis back deep.

Dude, give up already!

We know, you don't think RB is any good.....we get it!

lol.. i guess he wants rookie players to perform magic on the field.

And we can't use the vick and bush comparison because vick has been in the league over 6 years, Bush only 8 games, you do the math.
Bush needs to get out of his college days and watch Duece tapes.

lol.. i guess he wants rookie players to perform magic on the field.

And we can't use the vick and bush comparison because vick has been in the league over 6 years, Bush only 8 games, you do the math.
Bush needs to get out of his college days and watch Duece tapes.

No I want the excuses to stop.I want people to stop giving Bush credit for other players great games to cover up Bush short commings as a RB.

He's a rookie and has to learn?Fine!But dont flavor it up and say 'well he's the reason Marques is having the success he's having'.

No I want the excuses to stop.I want people to stop giving Bush credit for other players great games to cover up Bush short commings as a RB.

He's a rookie and has to learn?Fine!But dont flavor it up and say 'well he's the reason Marques is having the success he's having'.

That's fine and all, but this is a thread on Micheal Lewis, not RB....

OK now I am confused. Who said Colstons success is because of Reggie Bush?? I missed that. Having said that it is a team game and I see everyone playing their butts off...

That's fine and all, but this is a thread on Micheal Lewis, not RB....

as far as beerman the guy had 1 muffed punt.Look at some of the comments.'I agree with Payton' 'Payton doesn't play around'.If he doesn't play around why doesn't he bench bush for his poor running?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom