Best Bottles of wine (as in not in a box) for $15.00 - $30.00 (1 Viewer)

I'm drinking one right now called Sebastiani(2005), Cabernet Sauvigon, and it's really good. I think it was like 15-16 can't remember exactly.

My wife and I went to the winery on our honeymoon, great wines at a great price. The Coppola wines are also very good.

We order wines from a place called Viansa, another wine conrty visit, and you have to be a member to get the wine. It's very good, one of the best chardonnays I've ever had is their Cento per Cento.

On a regular basis, we usually drink Robert Mondavi or Coppola. Both have very good Merlots and Chardonnays.

If anyone is considering going to wine country, I highly recommend the Sebastiani winery, great people, and all you can drink wine.:9:

Some great values that have scored high in Robert Parker or the Spectator-

Peter Lehman "Clancy's"-Australia, Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot blend. Scored 90 points in the wine spectator. About $15, great value.

Zaca Mesa Syrah. Central Coast, California-Full bodied, needs time to open but if looking for a great value and full bodied wine it is about $15.

I feel that the Strawberry Hill 2007 ($2.99US Winn Dixie) is a much better vintage than the Strawberry Daquiri 2006 ($2.99US Winn Dixie). When we have company over for dinner, we enjoy a nice box of Franzia, but only a 2003 or earlier and of course served at slightly below room temperature.

franzia.jpg

FWIW, Shiraz/Syrah is a grape variety not a style of wine. A Shiraz is not going to be a blend. If it's a Shiraz, it is by definition made from 100% shiraz grapes.
I know that it is 100% shiraz grapes, but most shiraz wines from Australia are from multiple vineyards.

World Market has Santa Alicia Shirah which is a Chilean vineyard for 7.99 a bottle right now. It scores an 88 by one of the ranking services and I found it to be outstanding. My initial impression was that it would be jammy as the aroma is very much jammy, but I was confused by the first sip. It was spicy, earthy, with nice tannins but the fruitiness promised by the nose didn't over power.

If you like a jammy red, try the Chateau St. Jean Merlot.

I'm starting to come around to the Pinot Noir, so you might have been right buzd....:9:

J Pinot Noir is a very nice one to try.
http://www.wine.com/V6/J-Russian-River-Pinot-Noir-2004/wine/86371/detail.aspx

You may also want to try some of the Rioja's. I've only tried one so far, but it was quite good and I'll be experimenting with them more. It was very much like a Pinot Noir.

ok, whatever you do, DON"T get VENDAGE Merlot Rose, YUCK.
and if you're ever in the Northeast Ga mountain area. look up Habersham Wineries, they make some wonderfull Muscadine wines.. They have one that is a peach blend that is great to just sip on and relax.
One that comes to mind, is a white riesling.. YUMM.

Just finished my last bottle of 2003:

27689.jpg

Domaine Thomas Sancerre La Crele. Pretty tasty with roasted turkey.

$22 at Green's in Atlanta. Loire whites aren't blockbuster (except Savennieres), but this one was pretty good.

Probably better with unmolested seafood; oysters, shrimp, light fish, etc. Yum. :9:

This post (and thread resurrection) is somewhat for LKN, since we brought wine into another thread...

BUT I just opened a Mesta 2007 Tempranillo. It's DIRTY. I guess Earthy is the right term, but it's something I love in a wine. It seems to be getting harder to find in Pinot Noir, because they're branded as a "light red". A huge thumbs up for this wine. Less than $20.

Menage A Trois is delicious. It's a blend of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Zinfandel. Cool name too.

Menage is good wine for the money. But it's a $6-10 bottle of wine. Nothing wrong with it, but it's hiding some of it's (lesser) character with sugar.

MM87 - I have no problem with that wine, and am happy to drink it. Not being critical. But it's not in the $15-30 topic of the thread. No offense intended.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom