Best Ever Win Against: Dallas Cowboys (1 Viewer)

For me it was the 2006 game when Payton came up with a game plan that used Karney for 2 TD's. Completely had Parcells confused on how to stop the Saints.
This has to be it. The night the WHO DAT nation was born. I drove home after the game ( about a 7 hour drive) and listened to Bobby and the Saints nation almost the whole way. SP was at his best. Cunning. Ruthless. Until the end when he kneeled inside the 10 or else it would have been worse

For me it was the 2006 game when Payton came up with a game plan that used Karney for 2 TD's. Completely had Parcells confused on how to stop the Saints.
This is the first one that came to mind. Because this was the moment we all realized the Saints were actually good.

But 2010 Thanksgiving game when Jenkins stole the ball. I was there in Dallas and it was just insanity.

This has to be it. The night the WHO DAT nation was born. I drove home after the game ( about a 7 hour drive) and listened to Bobby and the Saints nation almost the whole way. SP was at his best. Cunning. Ruthless. Until the end when he kneeled inside the 10 or else it would have been worse
3 TDs. He ran for one, too.

Game was a bit later than I thought

December 6th 1998

22-6

Held Emmitt to 15 yards
Gotta be the best game of the season. LB Chris Bordano was an absolute beast i remember, had like 10+ tackles. And didn't Jake Delhomme get his first start ? I taped that game on VHS at the time i still have it somewhere. So strange that Delhomme wasn't even considered as the starter going forward after that. Or maybe that was his contract year and went to the Panthers in 99. Either way Ditka fumbled that pretty bad.

Once again Bobby being a drunken idiot. No, the who dat nation was not born that night. It was always there in every and each one of us Saints fans that didn’t live in Louisiana long before then. As someone who grew up an out of town fan (Midland, TX and Hobbs, NM) I think I know

Actually after one game, I’m not sure how it all went down but Bobby was signing something for my mom and he says he’s the founding father of the WDN, my mom tells him no and walks off

Oct. 3 1988 … Saints with a 20-17 walk-off win on Monday Night Football

I was in that very endzone for that game. Whodat

I was there with my dad and little bro. My dad had printed out this black and white dot matrix printer “sign” that said “Go Saints!” He was so proud of that. We hung it up in the end zone and you had to be about no more than 5 feet away to even make it out. Happy Father’s Day, Daddy. I sure miss you.

Last edited:
Once again Bobby being a drunken idiot. No, the who dat nation was not born that night. It was always there in every and each one of us Saints fans that didn’t live in Louisiana long before then. As someone who grew up an out of town fan (Midland, TX and Hobbs, NM) I think I know

Actually after one game, I’m not sure how it all went down but Bobby was signing something for my mom and he says he’s the founding father of the WDN, my mom tells him no and walks off
Well we will disagree on that one. I had never heard us referred to as the WDN before that night. For the record I hated WWL bringing Bobby in but it is clear he loves the Saints. I can’t hate on someone who does

If pressed to rank them, I’d have to put 2006 slightly ahead of the rest. The dynamics of both teams before that season and leading up the game make it so.

In second, I’d have to say 1988, which was Morten Andersen’s walk-off field goal game. Tom Landry was already on his way out, in a way, but a few pieces of Jimmy Johnson’s eventual Super Bowl teams were already in place, plus Herschel Walker was still there, as well as “Too Tall” Jones.

In third, in a game only football history nerds like me would remember to put here, the 1971 game in Tulane Stadium that featured rookie Archie Manning against rookie-enough Roger Staubach. The Saints won that day and wouldn’t beat the Cowboys again for another 17 years (until Morten’s walk-off field goal, to be exact).

Well we will disagree on that one. I had never heard us referred to as the WDN before that night. For the record I hated WWL bringing Bobby in but it is clear he loves the Saints. I can’t hate on someone who does
There was a saints fan club that had membership cards (i have my late grandmother’s somewhere) way before drunken bozo took to the radio. Like I said founding member my arse

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom