Best Ever Win Against: Dallas Cowboys (1 Viewer)

I'm going 2006. Karney scoring the first, second and third touchdowns of his career (only scored four more the rest of his career). Huge highlight from Reggie. Such a fun game.

This clip also made me nostalgic for the classic ESPN highlights. Where they would actually give each game 3-4 minutes of solid highlights and commentary. Do they still even do this?

OP, you had me with "rewatch Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul" :) I do the SAME every summer! LOL
My FAVORITE Saints/Cowgirls game was October 17, 1971
We beat the Cowgirls for the FIRST time in Franchise history. We were 0-2 against them at that point.
Some red headed dude wearing #8 was the QB. ;) He was cool, even if he went to Ole Miss...... Archie Who!
I turned 7 years old that day, and attended my FIRST Saints game in my life!
So here I am typing about the day I became a "Saints Addict", some 52 years ago. :)

Gotta be the best game of the season. LB Chris Bordano was an absolute beast i remember, had like 10+ tackles. And didn't Jake Delhomme get his first start ? I taped that game on VHS at the time i still have it somewhere. So strange that Delhomme wasn't even considered as the starter going forward after that. Or maybe that was his contract year and went to the Panthers in 99. Either way Ditka fumbled that pretty bad.
The player that really stood out was Joe Johnson. He dominated future Hof'er Larry Allen. One particular play he
forklifted Allen and drove him back into Troy Aikman. John Madden was announcing the game. He said I have
never seen that. Nobody does that to Allen. Later in the game,Sumrall said the Cowboys running to Johnsons
side isn't working today.

Inspired by @Saint Jack thread

Since it’s the deadest part of the year we should should do one thread for each team

Since Saint Jack brought up Dallas let’s start there

What do you think our best ever victory against the Cowboys was?

For me the game where we held an in his prime Emmitt Smith to like 11 yards comes to mind first (I’ll have to check to see what year and what the score was)

The Turkey Day takeaway is my runner up
We put Sam Mills on his butt and Sam stuck like glue and shut that HoF'er DOWN~! Remember THAT portion of the game very well.........not even certain we won but the NEWS was about Mills killing the Smith game~!

We put Sam Mills on his butt and Sam stuck like glue and shut that HoF'er DOWN~! Remember THAT portion of the game very well.........not even certain we won but the NEWS was about Mills killing the Smith game~!
Mills wasn't a member of the Saints in 1998. That's the game we held Emmit to 8 yards. Laroi Glover,and Joe Johnson were the stars of that game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom