Best OL Saint's has had protecting the QB (1 Viewer)

don't get too caught up with this line, brees and payton make the line look good

Maybe so but Tampa blitzed hard alot today and never even got close to Brees. Gotta give the guys upfront some credit.

don't get too caught up with this line, brees and payton make the line look good

I disagree. we arent doing anything that any other team in the league doesnt know about or cant do. plus we are throwing the ball alot. the line has to get alot of credit for playing really well.

Just because a QB has a SB ring, doesn't make them better at every aspect than qb's that haven't... would you say joe montana had a better longball than marino?? Or quick release.

no montana was possibly better at taking what the defense gave him.
and playing within the system.

would you say rothlisberger is a better qb than manning in all aspects, because he has a ring to show for it? it takes 53 men on a team and crew of coaches, and trainers, as well as a bit of good fortune with the injury bug to win that championship.

Brees has been terrific in the pocket, and Payton does a great job of spotting in rollouts and other little tricks. Still, there's only so much you can do with pocket awareness and trickery. These guys are blocking very well, and somebody needs to give Doug Marrone a shout out, so I will.

Our offensive line is not why we haven't given up many sacks. That is almost all Drew Brees. He has the best pocket awareness of any QB I have ever seen and the 2nd best is not even close.

This is true.

I remember when the Saints signed Brees a scout was quoted saying(something to the effect) that Brees is the best quarterback to have if you have a weak offensive line (pass protection wise)...his pocket awareness and elusiveness are just that good.

That being said our offensive line has done well picking up blitzes..then again, thanks to the threat of Reggie Bush teams rarely blitz us.

Brees+Bush= no sacks for a defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom