Best pigskin movie ever? (1 Viewer)

What was the best football movie of all time?

• The Longest Yard (1974)

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • The Program

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • North Dallas Forty

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Brian's Song

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Remember The Titans

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Any Given Sunday

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Friday Night Lights

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Rudy

Votes: 15 21.4%

• Total voters
Of those mentioned, The Longest Yard. I think that Varsity Blues is a better H.S. Football movie than Friday Night Lights, but that's just me. I'm easily swayed by Ali Larter, especially when she's wearing a whip cream bikini. :)

People always seem to leave out Paper Lion, All the Right Moves, Knute Rockne - All American and Wildcats when discussing football movies.

Yeah, ... totally forgot about Paper Lion & Knute Rockne - All American but the rap song at the end of Wildcats prevented it's entry to the list :smileypuker: Never saw Something for Joey... I had to go with The Program btw... it was tough choice between that & Rudy for me

Last edited:
Got to go with Rudy. Like it was said, once the chanting of his name begins, I turn into a fragile little giri:)

And the good thing is that the best movies(rudy, titans, friday nite) are all based on things that really happened. Those are always the best stories.

RUDY hands down is the best by far. Great movie and great performances. Who is voting for Remeber the Titans? Come on guys! That is Disney at thier cheesy, ridiculous worst!

Am I old skool? The top two don't even make my top five...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom