Best remaining Offensive Tackles Free agents, 2024 (3 Viewers)

I'm not sure that guy would be an upgrade over what we have and he's a LT so it's not really what we need. But, sure, I guess we could take a shot at some LT depth if the price is right.

Beyond that, the article is pure speculation. The guy is 3rd on their depth chart at LT so he could get cut and the Saints need help at Tackle. There is no source or claim in the article that the Saints have shown interest or that the Chiefs are actually looking to trade him.
Yeah, it’s all speculation for now. Probably more likely we scoop some released vet(s) up as the first game nears.

BTW…I found the Chiefs preseason game and put it on….just incase. ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, it’s all speculation for now. Probably more likely we scoop some released vet(s) up as the first game nears.

BTW…I found the Chiefs preseason game and put it on….just incase. ;)

IMO, we are really desperate on the OL. As bad as I think Penning has played, I'm not sure we have a better option on the roster and I'm not all that happy with the options at LG. And, we basically have no depth behind the guys that are solid to good starters.

So, yeah, I think they should look at every option to upgrade starters and backups.

Id bet if Penning were cut today, he'd be on an NFL 53 man roster week one. OL is that scarce.

Id imagine Penning's replacement at RT is already on the team. Anybody brought in would likely be for depth. The good ones are already on rosters and wont be available.
Someone would pick him up because of his draft capital only to see he’s awful. He’s going to be out of the league in two years.

Some team will keep a veteran tackle off of the opening day roster to avoid guaranteeing their contract. Not their starter, but a good depth guy. Could be better than who the Saints have

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom