Best Sleepers in the 2022 NFL Draft that the Saints should target. (1 Viewer)

So how are we defining sleepers?

I tend to think a true sleeper is a prospect you think can be a good starter in their career who is not often, if at all, projected to go in the first three rounds. However, some of the guys I have seen listed as sleepers are just guys that people feel are undrrated or projected to go lower than they think their value is.

Woods is one of these.. he is my third favorite TE, and I think there will be lots of players drafted before him who should not be, so underrated, but I fully expect him to be gone by the close of the 3rd round, so not really a sleeper.

I will use Bernhard Raimann as another example. I think he is on par or better as a prospect at LT than Cross or Ekwonu. (I think Neal and Penning are RT prospects only) Yet he is mocked from the late first to the mid/late 2nd round. Underrated in my mind, but not what I would call a sleeper.

Also at LT though guys like Dare Rosenthal, Matt Waletzko, Vederian Lowe, or Max Mitchell could all qualify as round 4+ picks with starter potential. They are my "sleeper" LT picks.

Zander Horvath, RB/FB, Purdue: Horvath has drawn many comparisons to former Boilermaker Mike Alstott, and that’s high praise. While the 2 players share many similarities, Horvath is easily the superior athlete, as evidenced by his 9.82 RAS score.

“When Purdue running back Zander Horvath broke his fibula in the 49-0 win over UConn earlier this season, college football fans and NFL Draft analysts were deprived of the opportunity to further study a rare creature in his natural habitat.
Horvath plays the game with a physicality that you’d expect from a 6’3″, 230-pound running back. Yet, he combines that physicality with an athleticism associated with a smaller framed athlete. The Purdue RB also has the hands of a wide receiver while possessing the blocking ability that most playmakers can only dream of.
At the time of his injury, Horvath averaged 4.6 yards per carry and 9.0 yards per reception for his career. While he has played exclusively as a running back for the Boilermakers, his size and skill set should see him effortlessly transition to fullback in the NFL like former Purdue RB Mike Alstott did for Tampa Bay.”

Horvath could provide the Saints offense with a substantial upgrade at the FB position, while also doubling as a short-yardage power RB and viable safety valve as a receiver out of the backfield. As a bonus, Horvath can also contribute on special teams (like he did as he was earning his spot on Purdue as a walk-on).
Zach Line was a converted college RB, and he was one of the better Saints’ FBs in recent memory, but Horvath could be much more… Line and current 49er stud FB Kyle Juszczyk both ran a 4.77 40 yard dash entering the NFL… Horvath bested both players in that regard when he ran a 4.57 40 at the Purdue Pro Day.

2B568C45-0860-4935-B1FF-4890E8FBAD2F.jpeg

A little highlight reel as well…

He looks like a beast, but the Saints seem to have a revolving door at fullback.

He looks like a beast, but the Saints seem to have a revolving door at fullback.
Well… everyone looks like a beast in their highlight video, but I’ve seen Horvath play entire games, and he’s a good player. If he is one of those guys that “clicks” in the NFL, then he’s going to be very good as a FB/RB

Skyler thompkins. Qb. James cook more than just a catching rb. Deven Thompson wr Utah. Sam Williams de 13 sacks sec. Andersen lb. So many

Zander Horvath, RB/FB, Purdue: Horvath has drawn many comparisons to former Boilermaker Mike Alstott, and that’s high praise. While the 2 players share many similarities, Horvath is easily the superior athlete, as evidenced by his 9.82 RAS score.

“When Purdue running back Zander Horvath broke his fibula in the 49-0 win over UConn earlier this season, college football fans and NFL Draft analysts were deprived of the opportunity to further study a rare creature in his natural habitat.
Horvath plays the game with a physicality that you’d expect from a 6’3″, 230-pound running back. Yet, he combines that physicality with an athleticism associated with a smaller framed athlete. The Purdue RB also has the hands of a wide receiver while possessing the blocking ability that most playmakers can only dream of.
At the time of his injury, Horvath averaged 4.6 yards per carry and 9.0 yards per reception for his career. While he has played exclusively as a running back for the Boilermakers, his size and skill set should see him effortlessly transition to fullback in the NFL like former Purdue RB Mike Alstott did for Tampa Bay.”

Horvath could provide the Saints offense with a substantial upgrade at the FB position, while also doubling as a short-yardage power RB and viable safety valve as a receiver out of the backfield. As a bonus, Horvath can also contribute on special teams (like he did as he was earning his spot on Purdue as a walk-on).
Zach Line was a converted college RB, and he was one of the better Saints’ FBs in recent memory, but Horvath could be much more… Line and current 49er stud FB Kyle Juszczyk both ran a 4.77 40 yard dash entering the NFL… Horvath bested both players in that regard when he ran a 4.57 40 at the Purdue Pro Day.

2B568C45-0860-4935-B1FF-4890E8FBAD2F.jpeg

A little highlight reel as well…

He’s a Charger now. Let’s see how it goes…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom