Beverly Hills Cop 4: Axel Foley (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
First one: 80s classic that has to be on anyone's short list of best Eddie Murphy movies

2nd one: Made a ton of money, had it's moments, okay buy not great

3rd one: Completely forgettable. Literally the only things i remember about it is "Is the illegal chop shop?" and the rando George Lucas cameo

Coming 2 America was a massive disappointment to me, so I have little hope that this one will be much better
======================================================================

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley star Eddie Murphy jokes that the action scenes in the long-awaited sequel nearly killed him. The first Beverly Hills Cop movie introduced audiences to Murphy's wise-cracking, rebellious cop, Axel, back in 1981. After two sequels, released in 1987 and 1994, respectively, a fourth film was planned to be released in the mid-1990s, but it never ended up coming to fruition. Now, however, more than 28 years later, Murphy's fan-favorite detective is finally slated to return in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley, which is expected to release at some point this year.

In a recent interview with ET at the 2023 Golden Globes, Murphy teases that the action scenes in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley aren't as easy to film now that he's a bit older.

The actor jokes that he felt like he was "going to die" on several occasions, sharing that there were some action scenes that he wasn't able to pass off to a stuntman. The actor is careful to not reveal too much about the upcoming sequel but certainly makes it clear that, in keeping with the previous three installments, the upcoming movie won't be skimping on the action. Check out Murphy's full comment below:

“It’s emotional because, like I said, I was 61, and I was doing action scenes. You’d see my heart beating through my chest. There were many times when I felt like I was going to die on the set. I know some actors get into doing that type of stunts and stuff. Before I did the movie I said to Jerry [Bruckheimer], ‘Listen, I’m 61. Don’t ask me to do s--t you wouldn’t ask Morgan Freeman to do.’ He said, ‘Oh, we’ll have the dude come in, stunt double.’ And I said, ‘OK.’ But then there was some stuff that you have to do. So I found myself jumping and running and rolling around. And it was a lot.”

Everything We Know About Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley​

It was announced in April 2022 that Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley was going to be directed by Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah, but it was announced a few months later that Mark Molley would instead helm the film. Plot details for the sequel are currently being kept under wraps, but Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley is already shaping up to be an exciting entry in the franchise due to the cast alone. In addition to Murphy, the upcoming sequel will also see the return of original cast members Judge Reinhold and John Ashton as Billy Rosewood and John Taggart, respectively. While Rosewood did appear in the generally poorly-received Beverly Hills Cop III, Taggart was notably absent, making Ashton's return particularly notable. Paul Reiser and Bronson Pinchot, who played Detective Jeffrey Friedman and Serge, respectively, in the original 1984 film, are also expected to return.............

I didn't realize there was a Beverly Hills Cop 3 until just now. Prime, thanks for the summary of 3. I'll pass on it, and probably 4.

First one: 80s classic that has to be on anyone's short list of best Eddie Murphy movies

3rd one: Completely forgettable. Literally the only things i remember about it is "Is the illegal chop shop?" and the rando George Lucas cameo

Coming 2 America was a massive disappointment to me, so I have little hope that this one will be much better

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley star Eddie Murphy jokes that the action scenes in the long-awaited sequel nearly killed him. The first Beverly Hills Cop movie introduced audiences to Murphy's wise-cracking, rebellious cop, Axel, back in 1981. After two sequels, released in 1987 and 1994, respectively, a fourth film was planned to be released in the mid-1990s, but it never ended up coming to fruition. Now, however, more than 28 years later, Murphy's fan-favorite detective is finally slated to return in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley, which is expected to release at some point this year.

In a recent interview with ET at the 2023 Golden Globes, Murphy teases that the action scenes in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley aren't as easy to film now that he's a bit older.

The actor jokes that he felt like he was "going to die" on several occasions, sharing that there were some action scenes that he wasn't able to pass off to a stuntman. The actor is careful to not reveal too much about the upcoming sequel but certainly makes it clear that, in keeping with the previous three installments, the upcoming movie won't be skimping on the action. Check out Murphy's full comment below:

It was announced in April 2022 that Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley was going to be directed by Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah, but it was announced a few months later that Mark Molley would instead helm the film. Plot details for the sequel are currently being kept under wraps, but Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley is already shaping up to be an exciting entry in the franchise due to the cast alone. In addition to Murphy, the upcoming sequel will also see the return of original cast members Judge Reinhold and John Ashton as Billy Rosewood and John Taggart, respectively. While Rosewood did appear in the generally poorly-received Beverly Hills Cop III, Taggart was notably absent, making Ashton's return particularly notable. Paul Reiser and Bronson Pinchot, who played Detective Jeffrey Friedman and Serge, respectively, in the original 1984 film, are also expected to return.............

I only saw the original Beverly Hills Cop (which the article above states came out in 1981 but it was actually 1984) for the first time about six months ago…. For whatever reason, i never got around to seeing it in the 80s.. .. and watching it now, it wasnt very good.. i dont blame the movie , i mostly blame myself for waiting almost 40 yrs to watch it and completely missing whatever social zeitgeist of the times it captured back then, that seems stale or ridiculous now .

I went and looked up the director hoping for a beacon of hope
its-hopeless-neil-degrasse-tyson.gif

So they director's name is actually Mark Molloy (according to IMDb) and his record thus far is....let's just say it's understandable that they misspelled his name

and then there was an anonymous bio about him:
After graduating with a degree in graphic design, Mark moved to London to join the acclaimed Why Not Associates in London from 1996 to 2001, where he began his directing career. Returning home to Australia in 2001, Mark quickly began crafting extraordinary imagery in film, taking him onto win numerous awards worldwide. Comfortable with both real people and actors, cinematic or documentary, Mark has a unique way of creating work that affects people. His instincts as a director and storyteller so effectively evoke emotions, feelings and memories, that he manages to ignite peoples' imaginations.

I'm impressed they got that from his videos about Nissan, GoDaddy, and Apple Ipads

I went and looked up the director hoping for a beacon of hope
its-hopeless-neil-degrasse-tyson.gif

So they director's name is actually Mark Molloy (according to IMDb) and his record thus far is....let's just say it's understandable that they misspelled his name

and then there was an anonymous bio about him:
After graduating with a degree in graphic design, Mark moved to London to join the acclaimed Why Not Associates in London from 1996 to 2001, where he began his directing career. Returning home to Australia in 2001, Mark quickly began crafting extraordinary imagery in film, taking him onto win numerous awards worldwide. Comfortable with both real people and actors, cinematic or documentary, Mark has a unique way of creating work that affects people. His instincts as a director and storyteller so effectively evoke emotions, feelings and memories, that he manages to ignite peoples' imaginations.

I'm impressed they got that from his videos about Nissan, GoDaddy, and Apple Ipads

You've never seen a commercial that made you think "My imagination is ignited! My emotions have been evoked!?

Last edited:
You've never seen a commercial that made you think "My imagination is ignited! My emotions have been evoked!?
There are two on the radio that completely inspire me to buy their product/use their service:

Reginelli's Pizza: "Ooooh, I want to eat you right now!"
Give me the VIN.com: "So easy you could do it in your underwear!"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom