Bill Simmons Power Rankings (1 Viewer)

"21. Tampa Bay (2-4)
I have to admit, I was a little more excited about these guys before remembering that they're a bogus roughing-the-passer call and a 62-yard field goal away from being 0-6."

Good point, really. Yeah, they play hard and hang tough but 2 lucky breaks kept them from being winless.

BTW, in the TB-PHI game, did anyone notice this is the same ending as the NO-ATL 2002 game? Running back scores a TD with too much time on the clock, opposing team has enough time to get a game-winning FG. Almost makes you want to kneel at the 1, let the clock run and have 4 downs to gain a yard.

or take a knee and kick a field goal **** Proof that the field goal call in the philly game was the right thing to do.

I'm getting sick of hearing about the emotion in the Dome. It seems like they're taking something away from what the Saints have accomplished by crediting our success to emotion. JMO

Keyword is "success". Let 'em credit whatever they want so long as success comes with it.

"Turner is just as good as McAllister".

That author is smoking some serious crack.

i thought his ATL take was funny, and on the money:

If you, me and eight friends held a fantasy draft to eliminate the most annoying, beaten-to-death stories in sports that need to be vanquished once and for all, Barry Bonds would be the first pick, then Barbaro and T.O., then steroids in baseball, then Favre's retirement, then any Mike Tyson or Evander Holyfield comeback, then the WNBA ... and you know what? Picking eighth, I'm wiping out the whole "Will Mike Vick ever become a great QB?" debate. It's not happening. He's 26 years old and going in the wrong direction. We need to admit this and move on. I'm sorry.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom