Birthday Party Suggestions--teenagers (1 Viewer)

Roofie1.gif

Seriously, the only decent idea on this thread is the gift cards to a clothes store

And the rohypnol

These make great gifts:

Attachments

• coupon.jpg
    coupon.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 51
Around here all the teens are into Starbucks. I think that or generic-type gift cards are best, unless you know specifically what style of clothing they like, as Saints382 said.

Do the girls like books/magazines/etc.? A gift card for Barnes & Noble would work for that....since you can buy cd's and dvd's there too, it isn't so limiting.

Well I'm not really sure if your son is a lower age teen or higher age teen, but I would say just to get him to make a card with a coupon inside "This coupon is good for one free insert nameback rub"

That's what I do and it works everytime.

/stillwaitingforthegirlstousetheircoupons:mad:

Nice that any mention of teenage girls turns this thread into anarchy. What's with all the gift card ideas? Here is my failsafe trinity of great, usually inexpensive presents:

1. A framed picture. This is so easy it's ridiculous. If these girls are friends and all then they'll appreciate a good picture of the three of them in a nice frame. If they don't like the pic, hell they still have the frame and if they do like the pic it's a present that lasts a long time.

2. A book. Not a gift card for a book, but a book. Any one of those Phaidon Art books are a great bet (lots of pictures so it's not like you're giving a homework assignment for a present); of course, some girls do like to read so I imagine it's not hard to get a book they'll like. Aren't there some classics out there like Fight Club and Prozac Nation and all that? Go to Maple Street Books and browse. Also a great present because it's not really big and also has a lot of "staying" power.

3. Baked goods. This is a great present if you're broke but really want to give something special, because it's all about the love, right? Just pick three things from Better Homes & Gardens (don't go beyond your skill level, though) and spend an afternoon making it all. Then you wrap it up and give it to them. Now, for teenage girls maybe they don't exactly want food, but this is the trinity so there it is.

Good luck. This ain't rocket science, just a couple of teenage girls, right?

Thanks everyone, there are some great suggestions on here.

I gave Bath and Body products to my nieces for Xmas and they love that stuff.

But, in this instance, I'm leaning toward gift cards.

My kid gets his clothing mostly from American Eagle or Aeropostale, I know they have girl's clothing also, so how about that?

I think I'll print out R.Rob's coupon.

For whoever mentioned their ages, the girls are 14.

Should be fun, they have rented a hall out and a dj.

If they could only get ra and LC to chaperone..............heh.
How much do you two charge, would you be available in April?

Just noticed primadox's avatar----Excellent! LMAO

Last edited:
Wine. Then they could play spin the bottle.
j/k

Get one of those Visa cards you can keep adding funds to. They can use it just like any other Visa card, especially on the net.

I am seconding the Barnes and Noble gift card suggestion. Not only can they get books or magazines, but they can also get movies, music, and (in most B&Ns) coffee or chocolates. Nobody doesn't love a B&N gift card, even if they're not bookish types. :)

Another possibility is a membership card to somewhere they all like to frequent--the zoo, or maybe the museum (okay, that one's unlikely for 14-year-olds, but you get the idea). I got a NOMA membership from my dad for Christmas and love it; whenever I go there, I'll think of him, plus it's great that the gift to me also helps support NOMA a little.

Bath and Body stuff is great too, but favorite scents can be rather personal; someone once got me a beautiful (and probably expensive) basket of peach-scented products from there, but sadly artificial peach scent makes me gag a little (not that I ever let on, of course--it's the thought that counts!).

Clothing gift cards are always a hit, but it's best to pick a shop that you/your son knows the girls like. Gift cards are sometimes considered too impersonal, but if they're from a shop that you know is a person's favorite, I think they do show that some thought went into choosing, and that's really the point of gifts, isn't it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom