Black Helmets (1 Viewer)

gold helmets>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>black helmets

nuff said.

hey everyone just seen the post and think you all should know. I used to work in the equipment room from 2000 to 2002 and i asked a question to the head equipment guy(Chief), asked him why don't we ever change the helmet color and it was said to me that the NFL will never approve of helmet color change or even a logo change because of historic and trademark reasons. The Fleur-de-lis in its present form is the only symbol that anyone can identify with the SAINTS. So basically for those that want to see a Saints Black helmet or changes to the logo, Sorry it'll probaby never happen. The uniform has and will change but the helmet will forever remain the same.

Part of that is true--but the Fclowns went from red to black, Tampering Bucs went from White to Pewter, the Bills have gone from white to red & blue, the Pats from white to silver. etc.

I think some have even used 2 colors in a year, way back then.

Teams can change, but have to get NFL approval in a timely manner.

PS, I think the reason the Saints only used the black helmets once--bad fan reaction, gold was in the fans' hearts.

PS, I think the reason the Saints only used the black helmets once--bad fan reaction, gold was in the fans' hearts.

I believe they only wore them for pre- season because Mecom didn't get it approved far enough in advance. So the league only allowed them to wear them during the pre- season.

At least, that's what I've read....:idunno:

-

I believe they only wore them for pre- season because Mecom didn't get it approved far enough in advance. So the league only allowed them to wear them during the pre- season.

At least, that's what I've read....:idunno:

-

roflmao.. that and.... when they came out, we all went, "what da heck is dat???"

Gawd, I wish I still had that Jr. Saints uni with da Black helmet.
MO' MONEY... MO' MONEY... MO' MONEY!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom