N/S Bo Nix named Broncos’ Starting QB (Merged) (2 Viewers)

I won’t root against Payton. The only thing he ever upset me with was seemingly losing some drive and intensity after 2009. A little bit of Rocky3 where you lose the eye of the tiger. Those vacations they took in the mountains and called it training camp.

He's looked solid so far, seems like he knows where to go with the ball. It's still preseason, of course, and I have no idea how he'll play late in the fourth quarter when the game is on the line, but he seems like a good fit for Payton's offense. He's also been pretty safe with his throws, mostly short stuff, not a lot down field, but he's looked better than Stidham.

With his experience coming out of college he should have a relatively high floor for a rookie quarterback, but I'm curious to see how high his ceiling is. He's got decent athleticism (arm strength, release, mobility), nothing that makes you wince, but nothing that makes you go "wow." Payton allegedly zeroed in on him pretty quickly in the draft process, but I do wonder how much of that was out of necessity, as he knew he probably wouldn't have a shot at anyone else.

We gonna be salty if a Nix-Payton marriage blossoms early?

We gonna root for them?

It doesn't matter, as long as we beat them!

Don't care.

NOT a chance in HELL.

The Broncos offense looked heaps better than ours in preseason. Don't know if this will carry over but I would feel better being a Broncos fan than a Saints going into the season, at least about the offense.

The game vs Denver will be amazing! Let’s just hope we can score. Because Sean will scheme up some points.

The Broncos offense looked heaps better than ours in preseason. Don't know if this will carry over but I would feel better being a Broncos fan than a Saints going into the season, at least about the offense.
It’s preseason, the Broncos are going nowhere this season and Payton will get a pass because he started a rookie at qb. Nothing to see here.

Payton has found his lump of clay to mold. Russel Wilson was already set in his ways, play and diva i.e. separate locker, trainers, etc. Payton can teach Nix his ways of playing the game. Hope they succeed.

Now with that said, Payton is going to want to railroad the Saints in October. He respects Parcells and the Cowboys but damn if he didn't bulldoze them on national TV when he was with the Saints.
Or maybe DA will pitch a shutout.

Payton has found his lump of clay to mold. Russel Wilson was already set in his ways, play and diva i.e. separate locker, trainers, etc. Payton can teach Nix his ways of playing the game. Hope they succeed.

Now with that said, Payton is going to want to railroad the Saints in October. He respects Parcells and the Cowboys but damn if he didn't bulldoze them on national TV when he was with the Saints.
Brees was Brees before he met Payton. The clay he drafted and tried to mold while coaching the Saints never materialized. Let’s see if he can develop a draft choice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom