Bobby Hebert: Jameis Winston is gone for disrespecting Dennis Allen and the Game (1 Viewer)

Just said it on the Point After. Said he disrespected the game and his coach. He said there's no way he'll be back next year. What do y'all think?
Not coming back anyway. Not sure why anyone listens to that drunk Hebert anyway. He just likes to hear himself talk.

That drunken moron probably wants DA to bring Andy Dalton back.....it still absolutely astounds me that BH still has a job doing anything football related in NOLA.....he can pound sand....

Well, by Bobby's logic, all 11 players out there should be gone. They all wanted to do it.
That is a good point. If DA does what we all think, and uses this as the final straw against Winston, the other guys in the huddle are on notice. And putting some of those guys on notice probably isn't the best idea.

i agree with Bobby in the premise that they disrespected the game and coach. But its not a big deal. I look at it like this, if your son plays a joke on you, and it embarrasses you, do you send him to the orphanage? its a nothing burger. Dont let this distract you from reality, the reality is, is we're watching a team we dismantled at their home place play in the playoffs. And will most likely win, as we would too because we already beat the eagles last year. (at their home) lol.

Wrong!

A coach is like a drill sergeant!
There isn't a coach in the NFL, College, High School, Pop Warner that is going to put up with a player pulling a stunt like that today!
Wrong bc it’s a catch 22.
First you believe that a coach wouldn’t be able to trust him essentially, but all of the players rallied around and supported him, not the coach.
This is not a case where Jameis went rogue every chance he got. This is a one off. There’s levels to this

Makes me love Jameis even more. Dude is a pure Saint. Just wish he had the talent to go with the heart and passion.

Makes me love Jameis even more. Dude is a pure Saint. Just wish he had the talent to go with the heart and passion.
Oh, he's got the talent. He just needs a good coach. He knows it; that's why he practically begged to join the Saints to learn from Brees and be coached by Payton.

Totally agree - suspect it's just Falcon hate, but it was total bush league. If I were DA, Jameis would be gone without question.

It was basically the participation trophy of touchdowns.

For those who keep saying "well he worked sooooo hard for this".....no, he didn't "work hard" for that touchdown, at all.....it was given to him by an unsuspecting defense that wasn't making any effort to stop him. All the other hard work he put in during the season was completely independent of this hand-out.

If a garbage TD with the defense barely moving and 40 points already on the board is THAT important to a player, then maybe they should re-think some priorities.

Just said it on the Point After. Said he disrespected the game and his coach. He said there's no way he'll be back next year. What do y'all think?
I agree Jameis should be gone and so should Dennis allen, when your players do not respect you enough to listen and run the plays that the coach calls, then he is no longer a head coach

Hey Bobby. I normally love your takes but this was a team decision. Our coach is a wuss. The team decided to do it. Jameis was the face of the team. Look at our wuss of a coach and talk about that. Talk about how the previous coach would have had his players back

For those who keep saying "well he worked sooooo hard for this".....no, he didn't "work hard" for that touchdown, at all.....it was given to him by an unsuspecting defense that wasn't making any effort to stop him. All the other hard work he put in during the season was completely independent of this hand-out.

If a garbage TD with the defense barely moving and 40 points already on the board is THAT important to a player, then maybe they should re-think some priorities.
I don’t think anyone mentioning his hard work is talking about that play. We are going off what all the players have said about his hard work, sacrifices, and what he’s meant to the team all year.

It is fine to call it a participation trophy. From his comments after the game, Williams seems to see/appreciate it as a sign of love, respect, and support from his teammates.

Why it came from the victory formation has been covered a lot already. I wouldn’t blame Atlanta’s coaches/players/fans if they were mad in the moment, but the players have explained themselves and their reasons. At this point, the Falcons can accept that or not. I really don’t see it as a huge deal either way.

I can't argue with this at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom