Bobby Hebert tells the story of carrying the Lombardi Trophy in a duffle bag after partying with Sean Payton after the Super Bowl win (1 Viewer)

Hey, I can bash Bobby with the best of them but, whenever Iā€™m inclined to totally write him off, I remember how courageous and tough as nails he was, as epitomized by his game against the Bucs where he got concussed with his teeth knocked out, and then came back in after Fourcade went down.

Somewhere out there is a hilarious interview with one of his teammates that day, who said that he usually had trouble understanding Bobby through his accent but that it was impossible that day through his accent, his toothlessness, and his loopiness.

Hey, I can bash Bobby with the best of them but, whenever Iā€™m inclined to totally write him off, I remember how courageous and tough as nails he was, as epitomized by his game against the Bucs where he got concussed with his teeth knocked out, and then came back in after Fourcade went down.

Somewhere out there is a hilarious interview with one of his teammates that day, who said that he usually had trouble understanding Bobby through his accent but that it was impossible that day through his accent, his toothlessness, and his loopiness.
That teammate was offensive guard Steve Trapilo, a 4th round rookie at the time. Trapilo was born and raised in Boston and also played at Boston College.

Hebert put a piece of gum in place of his missing front tooth. The qoute from Trapilo was something like he had trouble understanding Hebert all year long but he was able to understand him much better that afternoon.

Trapilo died suddenly of a heart attack at the age of 39 while vacationing with his family.

That teammate was offensive guard Steve Trapilo, a 4th round rookie at the time. Trapilo was born and raised in Boston and also played at Boston College.

Hebert put a piece of gum in place of his missing front tooth. The qoute from Trapilo was something like he had trouble understanding Hebert all year long but he was able to understand him much better that afternoon.

Trapilo died suddenly of a heart attack at the age of 39 while vacationing with his family.
I did not know Trapilo died. Wow!

I remember a story where he took some type of horse tranquilizer for his shoulder or elbow.

Exactly and has cost the Saints ever since with Bountygate and officials calls and non calls. Goodell got Payton good at the expense of Drewā€™s legacy, the teamā€™s legacy and the fans.

I g

I get that and understand and would probably feel the same way if he hadn't left here and went to Atlanta. That tainted his legacy forever in my eyes. Just can't forgive that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom